Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW First Lounge - great experience!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
It is nice but given there must surely be more F seats on BA metal out of LGW than LHR T3, a mini-CCR would be better. Why is there not one?
To where? I could be wrong, but I dont think theres any F left out of LGW at all.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I was there last week for a flight to DLM. It was its usual friendly and cosy self, although I do prefer the breakfasts at T5, due to the wider selection.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the wine selection, but forced myself to have a couple of glasses of the standard champagne. The Besserat was too sweet for me.

Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:39 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Grace B
I was there last week for a flight to DLM. It was its usual friendly and cosy self, although I do prefer the breakfasts at T5, due to the wider selection.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the wine selection, but forced myself to have a couple of glasses of the standard champagne. The Besserat was too sweet for me.
I also like the Palmer Champagne - I had only drunk it prior to that in France. I was not aware that it was being imported into the UK. I tend to avoid some Pink Champagnes now as they are very pink and I am not a fan of Rose. I just prefer the greater intimacy of the smaller space - it does not feel like a transit camp as do some of those at LHR
endoman and Fatdickie like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Confus
To where? I could be wrong, but I dont think theres any F left out of LGW at all.
My mistake - I always assumed the Caribbean flights out of LGW had F
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Agree! In my view, both the F and C lounges at LGW are superior to the offering at LHR. Always seems to be a full, untouched JW Blue waiting for me on each of my recent visits as well
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by GiddyKipper638
Agree! In my view, both the F and C lounges at LGW are superior to the offering at LHR. Always seems to be a full, untouched JW Blue waiting for me on each of my recent visits as well
Unfortunately the 1litre bottle of JW blue has been "enhanced away" 😢
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: Executive Club
The upstairs part of the Club lounge has now reopened at LGW and the last time I was there it was just four people. A delight. Also I think the breakfast at Gatwick J lounge is much better than at T5, it's a full English.
endoman and DXB2745 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.