Wiki Posts
Search

LGW First Lounge - great experience!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
LGW First Lounge - great experience!

First time flying from LGW in years. What a lovely surprise the first lounge is! 1000 times better than the LHR First lounge.

Order to seat meals (including a delicious cheese burger and chips, afternoon tea set with warm fresh baked scones, cheese board), incredibly friendly staff (and lots of them), great drinks selection and coffee and a nice quiet ambience. Staff are so pro active and helpful, not experienced this before! Coming around and asking if any drinks top-ups are required or if they can get anything else for us, making conversation; just generally very helpful. And cleaners are constantly going around tidying and sweeping.

Very positively surprised after my recent awful experiences at LHR with overcrowding and dirty seats/tables. Just thought I’d share something positive for a change!
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Shhhh don't tell everyone

Fully agree, I've used LGW a lot this year, and always enjoyed the lounge. Don't miss First Wing as have never queued more than five mins for fast track security. Worse part of the experience IMO is how hectic the main upstairs can be, but you're soon through that and into the tranquil lounge
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:21 am

Yes, aside from the FW check-in, LGW beats LHR hands down.

I sometimes nip across to the Club lounge to see what's on the buffet and salad bar, I think the LGW Club lounge is generally better than LHR First.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Not been in the LGW F Lounge, but the regular one is fab too, much better than any LHR offerings. Ambience, staff, food, all superior. Such a shame I only fly from/to there once a year...
oceanscape likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Totally agree re the lounge- it is just a shame there is no where useful to fly to from LGW
Fatdickie and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Don't forget the lavatories and showers that don't look like they've been ripped out of a hospital.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BJ787
Don't forget the lavatories and showers that don't look like they've been ripped out of a hospital.
so true! Those 90s NHS vibes are not missed
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Looking forward to a couple of hours in the lounge tomorrow. I hope they have a decent champagne.

I'm flying to DLM, which is very useful to collect 80 Qantas SC's.
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:37 am
Original Poster

They also called group 1 boarding on its own! My last few LHR flights have seen 1-3 called together, resulting in a massive scrum. Much more civilised.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Agree - Gatwick lounge is miles ahead, probably because it's relatively underused 🙂 Staff, decor, bathrooms, food, general ambience all excellent.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Completely agree. No disrespect to LHR but both the club and first lounges at LGW seem calm, clean and civilized in comparison. The showers are always the biggest surprise to me. Connecting early morning from TATL to a domestic flight, hubby and I have always been able to have a shower. No wait, no fuss. I can’t comment on the LHR showers as we have a 100% failure rate there. The shortest wait I was quoted was 4 hours and on several occasions have been told they are too full to take further reservations.

LGW lounges are something BA should be proud of.
TRISTAR1979 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
I don't have access to the First lounges but agree the LGW Club lounge is far better than either in T5A at LHR and probably better than T5B too (though I haven't been since that was refurbished)

Last edited by Camflyer; Nov 6, 2023 at 3:07 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
LGW FLounge js great! We use it a couple of times a year to those nice warm Caribbean destinations!

Never crowded, great staff … only personal down side is always having to connect from LHR!
scottish minnie and BJ787 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
It is nice but… given there must surely be more F seats on BA metal out of LGW than LHR T3, a mini-CCR would be better. Why is there not one?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA does not operate any flights with first class out of Gatwick.
DXB2745 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.