Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

from domestic Turkish to international BA at SAW & IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

from domestic Turkish to international BA at SAW & IST

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are happy to run the non negligible risk of a forced overnight and potential full fare ticket back to London, then give it a go.

Personally I’d just fly TK the whole way (TK Y on a wide body is in many ways as good as CE) or fly in the morning and pop into Istanbul for lunch.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Personally I’d just fly TK the whole way (TK Y on a wide body is in many ways as good as CE) or fly in the morning and pop into Istanbul for lunch.
That is obviously the main way to go if someone is going to travel to/from Nevşehir, if the OP hasn't bought any ticket yet.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Aston100
I'm about to book a TK domestic flight from Nevsehir NAV to Istanbul IST.
Have a separate flight on BA to LHR departing at 18:45.
Am I safe to book the 15:40 - 17:10 TK flight on the basis that TK will definitely check my bags through to LHR? or should I go for the earlier 13:30 - 15:00 TK flight and hang around for 3 hours at IST?
You'd probably make the earlier connection if everything runs to time and you get your skates on. But weigh up the cost of not making it and set that against whatever cost you can attribute to kicking your heels for an hour in an environment where heel-kicking really isn't too taxing.

You might well decide a short wait a small price to pay for peace of mind. You won't be hanging around for three hours. The transition airside to landside and back, book-ended by the boarding palaver, will eat into that margin leaving you an hour or so to kill. That's in an airport with plenty to do airside, but an airport where loooong taxi times can work up anxiety .... even when things are more or less to schedule.
TedToToe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.