Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 LGW Club Suite?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
Am I correct in thinking that LGW-JFK and reverse (i.e. BA2272 / BA2273) will remain Club World (and not Club Suite) for practically all dates in 2024?
Yes!
Some LHR CS B777’s are covering for the LGW fleet over the next few months, but JFK is one of the shorter routes for the entire LGW fleet and thus don’t need cabin crew rest spaces, which means any aircraft from LHR generally are deployed on routes needing cabin crew rest spaces first!

Pilot37
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I’ve got CS to MRU next Saturday. I hope it sticks but fully prepared/aware it can change.

I’m sure there would be some very disappointed people if club is full for 48 seats of CS and switches to 32 seats of CW?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I’ve got CS to MRU next Saturday. I hope it sticks but fully prepared/aware it can change.

I’m sure there would be some very disappointed people if club is full for 48 seats of CS and switches to 32 seats of CW?
Please do keep close to seeing any last minute change (I am sure you are&#128512 - my sister and her boyfriend flew to San Jose, Costa Rica last week and it was showing Club Suites until the day of departure. It changed to Club World on the day of departure, with a lot less J seats and they had their seats moved, which was better than other unfortunate passengers who were downgraded.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know what the medium term plan is with the LGW 777 fleet it in terms of business class.
I know I have read on here that there are no plans to upgrade to the CS layout - but does that mean there is no alternative plan to do anything, refresh/ refurbish etc ?
Having recently flown on one of the temporarily allocated CS frames it would be good to have the existing on the IFE updated on the LGW fleet to the CS standard.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC
They were refreshed in 18/19 to include new IFE. No change is expected, or planned, currently.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Backofthequeue
They were refreshed in 18/19 to include new IFE. No change is expected, or planned, currently.
Thanks - any idea what a reasonable guess is on a cabin’s lifecycle ? 10-15 years ?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger

Flight is tomorrow - seat plan is still showing CS
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct G-YMMP.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct G-YMMP.
On Mike Papa LGW-JFK today and a pleasant surprise it is. Although I’m also quite looking forward to old CW on the way back because I sleep so much better on those seats!
CirrusDesAigles likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:21 am

I’m booked in J on TPA-LGW in late June and just received an aircraft change notification from ExpertFlyer. I checked and it’s still showing the same seat map. Does anyone know if this is a common issue between EF and BA or maybe a change in Y or W cabins?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:41 am

I just completed a return LGW-MRU on G-YMMP so with Club Suites. Felt lucky to experience this on that Gatwick route.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
I’m booked in J on TPA-LGW in late June and just received an aircraft change notification from ExpertFlyer. I checked and it’s still showing the same seat map. Does anyone know if this is a common issue between EF and BA or maybe a change in Y or W cabins?
I think the 77S and 77T sub-variants are very slightly different in both Y and W, and both operate at LGW evenly. My guess is it's flipped from one to the other.
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
I think the 77S and 77T sub-variants are very slightly different in both Y and W, and both operate at LGW evenly. My guess is it's flipped from one to the other.
good to know! Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by csutter
Although I’m also quite looking forward to old CW on the way back because I sleep so much better on those seats!
Agreed here, find I get very hot in the new CS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.