Search

777 LGW Club Suite?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
777 LGW Club Suite?

Hi all,

is anybody aware if/when BA intend to refurbish the 777's at LGW to include the new Club Suites? I have a trip booked in CW next May. I imagine they will be the old-style CW herringbone seats still, but just wondering if there has been any mention of refurbishing CW on Gatwick's fleet?
Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Currently nothing announced so plan on CW.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:49 am

Forwards/Backwards (Old Club World) works well for Gatwick. The layout working especially well for families with young children compared to Club Suite. The aircraft went through a cabin refresh fairly recently (2018 or so) with upgrades to IFE and seat refresh. So unless an aircraft is drawn in from Heathrow at the last minute to cover your particular flight (unlikely), expect the older Club World seat product.
T8191 and chris1922Mk2 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Occasionally a LHR Club Suite aircraft covers in Gatters, but it’s a rarity and certainly don’t expect it next year.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Beware seeing the CS suite map and getting over excited - I thought I was getting CS out of LGW last month right top to the moment I got on the plane - as did a number of others in the cabin, some of whom had paid for seats and were not happy.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by dnajockey
Beware seeing the CS suite map and getting over excited - I thought I was getting CS out of LGW last month right top to the moment I got on the plane - as did a number of others in the cabin, some of whom had paid for seats and were not happy.

So it was CS right up until you boarded, & passengers had paid to sit in CS? That’s quite bad really.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dnajockey
I dont understand that as no BA777 at LGW has CS and there are no current plans to fit them. As stated previously once in a blue moon you get a switch so odd that the website would show that. That said we all know about the BA website and how reliable it is.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by gaz68
So it was CS right up until you boarded, & passengers had paid to sit in CS? That’s quite bad really.
yup
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by low1968
That said we all know about the BA website and how reliable it is.
They flights were booked 7 months ago and showing the CS map the whole time - I was not convinced so checked frequently. There were two couples close to us who had no status and paid to not together who were unhappy.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:15 pm

You’d think an introduction of CS at Gatwick will likely take place at the same time as bigger re-configuration of those aircraft. I think BA get 28 Club suites between door 1 and 2, and 32 old club world seats. In the post Covid world of “premium leisure” a lot of these flights end up sold out in club already, especially on the overnight eastbound services, so in my opinion, they may choose to include a bigger club cabin.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:14 pm

At some point, they are going have to make CS a permanent thing for Gatwick, when those 777s get replaced. Whatever the replacement aircraft is, whether it’s a hand me down from Heathrow, or a new order, they would have CS. I’d be very surprised if they ordered a new batch of aircrafts fitted with the old CW.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Not sure if it will hold but BA2256 ANU -LGW on 5/2/24 is showing as a CS layout. Has since booking in Feb this year. Outbound is old style Club Seats. Just checked cabin looks pretty full. It will be very annoying if it reverts to the standard LGW layout as I’ve paid for seats ! Shows 56 J seats in CS but if it reverts I assume there will only be 32. It’s an Amex 2-4-1 booking so not sure if that makes me more likely to get downgraded in the event of a change - I’ll be silver by then but I don’t know if that will help.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Nothing announced; high density club world suits
Gatwick just fine from BA’s perspective - mostly for families.

Ironic as it is; LGW moreso than LHR have more leisure spenders i.e those who have a choice to go and spend their money with BA rather than anyone else…. so I see not investing in better club suites or wtp as an own goal.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by Yetak
Not sure if it will hold but BA2256 ANU -LGW on 5/2/24 is showing as a CS layout. Has since booking in Feb this year. Outbound is old style Club Seats. Just checked cabin looks pretty full. It will be very annoying if it reverts to the standard LGW layout as I’ve paid for seats ! Shows 56 J seats in CS but if it reverts I assume there will only be 32. It’s an Amex 2-4-1 booking so not sure if that makes me more likely to get downgraded in the event of a change - I’ll be silver by then but I don’t know if that will help.
Are you sure it's a 56J? It's more likely to be a 77L with 48J. Also as per the advice here don't get your hopes up at all. BA are likely planning to have a CS fitted airframe operating at LGW due to scheduled maintenance at the time, but changes to the seat map between now and then are very possible. If I were you I would keep a regular eye on the seat map, and once you get to 3 days before departure, check it constantly.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Indeed, it is this aircraft scheduled right now BA Boeing 777-200ER type 77L with Club World Suites - aeroLOPA | Detailed aircraft seat plans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.