Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Use your BA Amex 2-4-1 companion vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver

Effective immediately, these vouchers can be used on Aer Lingus and Iberia flights.

BIG NEWS: Use BA Amex 2-4-1 vouchers on Iberia and Aer Lingus! (headforpoints.com)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
If they could also extend it to Qatar that would be the real Jackpot…
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Has anyone already tried to book on Iberia or Aer Lingus using a 2-4-1? I've got an outward LGW-BGI in the system for October 23 and with be calling BA to grab EZE-LHR for the return mid December in a couple of weeks. This change would hugely increase the choice of flights for EZE-LHR, albeit mainly with a change in MAD.

I'm assuming that LGW-BGI with EZE-LHR is valid for a 2-4-1 open jaw?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by becket5
Has anyone already tried to book on Iberia or Aer Lingus using a 2-4-1? I've got an outward LGW-BGI in the system for October 23 and with be calling BA to grab EZE-LHR for the return mid December in a couple of weeks. This change would hugely increase the choice of flights for EZE-LHR, albeit mainly with a change in MAD.

I'm assuming that LGW-BGI with EZE-LHR is valid for a 2-4-1 open jaw?
Yes. Booked MAD-LIM for 85k + £427 (£213.50pp). Absolute steal in my opinion.
marcopizzaiuolo and becket5 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
Yes. Booked MAD-LIM for 85k + £427 (£213.50pp). Absolute steal in my opinion.
I am assuming CW/Business Plus?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
How do I book on Iberia?

I am interested in flying from MAD to HAV but the BA site does not recognise HAV.

Also, should I be able to use a single 241 flying LHR:MAD:HAV?

TIA
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just do a normal reward search on ba.com, select the BA premium voucher and the specific voucher number, and search on MAD to HAV (don't worry HAV doesn't auto complete), and select passengers to 1. Should work as normal. For that route I get a return in J at:

42500 Avios + £ 221.70
36150 Avios + £ 371.70
27650 Avios + £ 541.70
21250 Avios + £ 711.70
14900 Avios + £ 881.70
8500 Avios + £ 1,051.70
Note going to Cuba may preclude you for using an ESTA to go to the US btw US ESTA entry problems if previously travelled to Cuba
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:10 am

For someone who was on the cusp of cancelling his Amex card, the effective opening up of Latin America, allied to cheaper TFCs from Madrid, makes this is a game-changer.

Or it would be, were I actually able to book something on Iberia! 4 attempts, 4 failures at the final hurdle thus far...
dddc and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just do a normal reward search on ba.com, select the BA premium voucher and the specific voucher number, and search on MAD to HAV (don't worry HAV doesn't auto complete), and select passengers to 1. Should work as normal. For that route I get a return in J at:

Note going to Cuba may preclude you for using an ESTA to go to the US btw US ESTA entry problems if previously travelled to Cuba
Thanks Karfa I will give it a try. Looks like a chance to use my Irish passport
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:58 am

I have just tried a booking for next May and I could get two seats and although it includes the Voucher the price is 85000 Avios and £444, Shouldn't be 42500 with the 241?

TIA
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
you are booking for 2 tho. the rates i posted were for 1 person.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:29 am

you are booking for 2 tho. the rates i posted were for 1 person.
Ah, I think I get it now. You were using the 241 to get a ticket for one at half price. Sorry I missed that. Thanks again for your help.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Deleted
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I booked BCN-BOG (via MAD) in business.
103000 avios + £520 for 2 people using the Amex voucher.

A bargain and can’t wait to go.
argonath likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’m a regular on the MEX route with BA so via MAD will save on tax/fees outbound but I’d prefer to take the ba242 straight home : can you now mix ba/iberia on a 2-4-1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.