Wiki Posts
Search

Find that iPad/Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
Im just trying to get this to work on todays A350 to SAN. I cant access shop.ba.com once Ive connected the BAWi-Fi network as a repeater. Im only able to access that page if I connect directly to their WiFi. Any ideas? Thanks
If you're using the GL Inet router did you follow the steps I outlined in the second bullet point in this post?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35300218-post21.html

There's a hyperlink to the documentation on the last word in that bullet point.

Old Jun 8, 2023, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
If you're using the GL Inet router did you follow the steps I outlined in the second bullet point in this post?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35300218-post21.html

There's a hyperlink to the documentation on the last word in that bullet point.

Thanks for responding as it turned out, the BA WiFi went down so I didnt get to try it today.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by VictorSierra
Thanks for responding as it turned out, the BA WiFi went down so I didnt get to try it today.
Haha. Typical. As long as it wasnt caused by Gl iNET 🫣
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
Sadly wifi was switched off, so the lost message I have, sent to via Apple account, it won't get through. It was suggested in an earlier post that bluetooth might be enough to get a location/message through to it - my apple account gives no sign of success. As for the wallpaper of a big spotty mug full of coffee... the device was passport protected so no-one gets to see that or my Netflix/Amazon Prime accounts (I don't use it for anything more sensitive thankfully, just load it up with music and video for travelling).

That means all the lost property people have to go on is the picture of the case I sent them (easily removed I suppose worth 60 alone) and the serial number of the device... which is printed on the back of the iPad so small... it might actually be worth a try asking them to check...

Guess I'm buying a garish little yellow box sometime soon too :-)
I've gone and done exactly the same thing as you but with kindle and airpod pros in the case as well!

Did you ever manage to get your iPad back?

I'm feeling ever so slightly confident as I can see it made it off the plane in 'find my' BUT hasn't been registered on the system yet.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Whilst we are about it - I have a question. How long do Airtags last for? How long will they continue to transmit so that they can be found? They surely cannot last for ever, Apple would never stand for that!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Whilst we are about it - I have a question. How long do Airtags last for? How long will they continue to transmit so that they can be found? They surely cannot last for ever, Apple would never stand for that!
They last around 18 months or so. When the battery starts to run low it sends out a message and then lasts another month or so. The battery is replaced easily.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by golfmad
They last around 18 months or so. When the battery starts to run low it sends out a message and then lasts another month or so. The battery is replaced easily.
Really? That's good to know. It might be sensible to buy some replacement batteries to take with us as these things have an infuriating habit of giving up the ghost at the most inconvenient times possible!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Really? That's good to know. It might be sensible to buy some replacement batteries to take with us as these things have an infuriating habit of giving up the ghost at the most inconvenient times possible!
They are quite picky about the batteries... don't go for the child-friendly versions as they have a special coating that Airtags don't like.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They are quite picky about the batteries... don't go for the child-friendly versions as they have a special coating that Airtags don't like.
This is what I use.

Amazon Amazon

Cheap as chips.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Originally Posted by acearchie
I've gone and done exactly the same thing as you but with kindle and airpod pros in the case as well!

Did you ever manage to get your iPad back?

I'm feeling ever so slightly confident as I can see it made it off the plane in 'find my' BUT hasn't been registered on the system yet.
No I did not. Good luck with yours.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
No I did not. Good luck with yours.
Thanks!

I've seen a similar description come up on smartcarte, have shared as much information as I can and now I'm awaiting a reply. By some miracle the ipad still has battery and is still saying it's at terminal 3 so fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.