Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Find that iPad/Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Find that iPad/Aircraft

I arrived back from LAS last Saturday on the overnight 274 to LHR. It was a miserable flight, as the guy in the middle (economy) seat was far too tall for economy (as am I...) and shifted around all night and flopping on to my shoulder/lap(!!).

Net result - no sleep, no rest at all - arrived feeling worse than I ever have after an overnight flight and didn't properly check my seat area when I left the plane... so I got home minus my iPad. I have of course registered this with Smart Carte, BA's lost property handlers for LHR (I've also passed a message to the tablet via Apple Find My iPad, but wifi was disabled so it won't have got the message).

It's been 3 days (their stated SLA), so losing hope they have it. The iPad was in behind the fold down table, not in the netting, so either... Smart Carte are just being a little slow, the cleaners didn't see it (to give to Smart Carte), the next passenger nicked it or it was found after a subsequent flight - and if this latter possibility happened then Smart Carte won't know about it because they seem to only deal with LHR? Wondering if there is any way of working out which 351 I was on and seeing where it went afterwards, so I can check what happens at those airports? Would flight radar24 premium tell me that?

Cheers for any suggestions
Old May 17, 2023, 8:03 am

G-XWBE

The secure clean by the cleaning contractors should pick it up, therefore it should now be in with lost property.
HIDDY and HarryHolden68 like this.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: DC, BAEC
Looks like you were on G-XWBE and it went out to GRU on Sunday night:

Rick A 1 likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Originally Posted by Sigwx
G-XWBE

The secure clean by the cleaning contractors should pick it up, therefore it should now be in with lost property.
I agree that's what *should* happen... and I would hope that electricals like this are always found, for security reasons. However, the general cleanliness of planes doesn't necessarily give me comfort re their diligence.

Smart Carte have listed an iPad that matches my device (which is why I raised the enquiry with them). I'll give them a little more time before I call BA in Brazil (thanks BMI-fan, where did you get that info from?)
binman likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Actually, BMI-fan - the plane would have flown to and from LAS on 12th - I left LAS on Fri 12th, landed on Sat 13th... so if I am reading this right, that's the day after?
Old May 17, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
Actually, BMI-fan - the plane would have flown to and from LAS on 12th - I left LAS on Fri 12th, landed on Sat 13th... so if I am reading this right, that's the day after?
Apologies, if you left LAS on the 12th then you were on A35K XWBH (which also departed to GRU the next day)

Flightradar24 is the source: search for BA274 then look for Flight History
Rick A 1 likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The last time I spoke with cabin crew about a lost IPhone on a BA plane I was told that it is 'best to look for it in a cheap IT shop around Hounslow'.

Don't want to add anything
Old May 17, 2023, 9:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Was Bluetooth switched on? If so, then it should be visible to Apply "Find My".
nancypants likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Was Bluetooth switched on? If so, then it should be visible to Apply "Find My".
Aha, it might have been (I have wireless/Bluetooth headphones)...
Old May 17, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A couple of people have reported that they have been reunited with their iPads left on BA flights in the last year:
iPad left on a BA plane today—- what to do?
iPad Left on BA 2551
Old May 17, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
Glad all my Apple devices are tied to a corporate MDM.

If I ever lost it, I can remote wipe and lock it making it useless.

Plus I can track it as soon as it registers online.

My iPhone, iPad, Macbook M2, etc are all enrolled so I don't worry much as it can be tracked worldwide...

Last edited by 4sallypat; May 17, 2023 at 2:08 pm Reason: MDM
Old May 17, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by 4sallypat
Glad all my Apple devices are tied to a corporate MDM.

If I ever lost it, I can remote wipe and lock it making it useless.

Plus I can track it as soon as it registers online.

My iPhone, iPad, Macbook M2, etc are all enrolled so I don't worry much as it can be tracked worldwide...
Good for you! But not the OP….
Old May 18, 2023, 3:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My husband aka Him Indoors has a fascinating habit of leaving IPads and handbags on aircraft. To say that I was hopping mad is an understatement. After the third IPad went missing (One was in Bologna found by the cleaners, another was in Inverness which was rescued by the crew. The latest was in Heathrow). In fairness I left one in Dublin airport. I mention this as a piece of advice. Let you home page have a photo of you together with a phone and email. Contact. It made life so much easier even with his bandages from where my hairbrush had made contact.

I have now taken photos of his handbag (I refuse to call it a manbag), his rollaboard, and personal item, I have had his Sony headphones engraved and the case labelled. I do the same for mine. It was what my Mother did when Rich Bltch and I went to that Open Prison the Nuns called a School.

Dear OP. This is not much help to you now and I really do hope that you find your IPad. If they show you one with a cover photo of someone who looks like an older version of Blake Lively, then it is not mine.
Rick A 1, cosmo74 and gerryod5 like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Still no word... but would it shock you to know that Smart Carte currently list *84* Apple iPads that they have processed at LHR in just 9 days (from 9-17th May). Even for the volume of pax that go through the place that's bats**t crazy... assuming an average purchase price of £500 that's over £40k worth of kit.... never mind all the other manufacturer tablets, and all the other items we leave behind...

Of those 84, 4 could be mine, so still some hope...
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 11:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have handed in 3 iPads on a single day a few months back, 2 on aircraft, 1 in CCR. I don't know what it is about this device and / or its users. After all BA makes at least 2 announcements before arrival about checking your belongings. I had reason to go to Smarte Carte's LHR offices on Monday (not to do with anything I had lost) and they said that it's an age thing - it is now rare for people under 30 to leave things behind because they tend to everything on their phone which they never forget, they typically don't use tablets when travelling. Over 40 year olds on the other hand can and do forget iPads and mobile phones, sometimes one then the other, on both outbound and inbound flights.
MiraculousM and squawk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.