Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to US Covid requirements

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 10:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Maybe the cognoscenti may know rather than guess what is sacrosanct about 12th May and not with immediate effect?
It saves the US government from having to redo a whole amount of paperwork, since a lot of the existing framework had a sunset clause in it of 11 May 2023. And of course it gives BA plenty of time to get their IT ship-shape...... What could possibly go wrong?
dcmike, RJD1983, KRSW and 8 others like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It saves the US government from having to redo a whole amount of paperwork, since a lot of the existing framework had a sunset clause in it of 11 May 2023. And of course it gives BA plenty of time to get their IT ship-shape...... What could possibly go wrong?
You are such a card sometimes - yes that makes sense - the rest I will believe when I see it and not before/
dnajockey, KRSW, stifle and 5 others like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
MMB is refusing to accept the contact details that are required currently (I fly on the 9th).

Has anybody else experienced this problem and got a workaround?

To be clear, none of the Advanced Passenger information is missing or wrong format and I have tried different browsers but I get a general error message when submitting the form after ticking the two boxes at the end.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you tried the direct Salesforce URL rather than the one in MMB? See main Upload thread.
Old May 2, 2023, 11:55 am

Thanks CWS for the reminder but it was the additional API that wouldn't save (Address in USA, Known Traveller Number and Secondary Contact) so I have uploaded the Vaccination record to the Salesforce link and see if that unsticks it.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Robespierre
Thanks CWS for the reminder but it was the additional API that wouldn't save (Address in USA, Known Traveller Number and Secondary Contact) so I have uploaded the Vaccination record to the Salesforce link and see if that unsticks it.
Ah OK, I doubt the Salesforce link will work there then. If you are more than 3 days from travel (which you are) you could try to do it via Finnair's MMB, or if you are using (e.g.) an iPhone, borrow someone's Android to enter it in via surname and PNR only, not logging in via BAEC.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:39 pm

Tried every way I can think of (125 ticket with AA segments so I have added via their systems) but still nothing shows up on MMB other than this gloriously unhelpful message.

Perhaps there was some kind of back office update going on. Will try tomorrow and then call.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Exactly would be my guess that 1P is a US Citizen ( or a resident ) so is not subject to the rule about having to present a vaccine cert when travelling to the US ... I haven't flown on Delta/United to the US recently, but I assume if I did I would have to upload something just like I did with previous AA / BA flights
Yup, can confirm. I had an issue with Westjet and Delta flight checking in to HNL originating in YYC (although I am a US Citizen) where the checkin wasn't taking. The check in woman at the counter had to reconfirm I am a citizen or otherwise give the Vaccine information. Not an issue because I have it anyways, but until May 12 that is the process for all airlines
Old May 2, 2023, 2:41 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Exactly would be my guess that 1P is a US Citizen ( or a resident ) so is not subject to the rule about having to present a vaccine cert when travelling to the US ... I haven't flown on Delta/United to the US recently, but I assume if I did I would have to upload something just like I did with previous AA / BA flights
Yes, LPR. Hadn't twigged that this might make a difference.
EvilDoctorK likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
By the beginning of last summer it should either have been abolished or increased to require boosters.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:45 am

Covid US

I flew on AA UK>US last week and during check-in on their app you had to upload the cert in order to get the green light to be checked in ( it wasn't obviously using Verifly, but maybe a backend process was in place ) .. If you ignored it and checked in at the airport it's quite possible nobody cares any more at this stage .. but certainly the checkin flow on the app (for non US Citizens/residents) involved uploading a cert
I flew to the US last week. I tried to upload the Covid certification via a BA website, no success. I was blocked from the on-line check-in. At the airport the BA agent wanted to see the certificate.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Just as an add on to this thread.

Covid global health emergency is over, WHO says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65499929
gustavmahler likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 4:48 am

BA is still requiring COVID documentation for online check in for flights to US tomorrow despite the travel check confirming it is not required from tomorrow. Colleagues traveling on AA and UA have confirmed they were able to check in without. So as per usual BA IT.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Reporting a data point in case helpful to others. Checking in for a flight to the US tomorrow. Initially tried on the app, and was asked to supply vaccine certificate. The app would not proceed to check-in without it. Since my vaccine certificate is on my laptop, I switched over to that and logged in to ba.com, ready to upload the documentation. But ba.com allowed me to proceed all the way through the check-in process, and I've subsequently been able to get mobile boarding passes on the app.
gcuk, KARFA, Lefly and 1 others like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Similar experience here for a BA flight to the US tomorrow. BA still requests vaccination documentation but didn’t actually ask me to upload anything, just confirm the attestation page. I then received the tracking email from BA confirming they have verified my documents (I hadn’t uploaded any documents).

So a little bit broken but nothing to worry about it seems!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.