Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No water on board tonight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
No water on board tonight

First time I’ve had this. Flight earlier today had no potable water loaded, meaning no tea and coffee service and sink out of use in the toilets - the little dettol wipes and hand sanitizer were offered instead.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Had this recently on a DUB-LHR flight, they blamed tight turnaround and not wanting to delay flight further…
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
BA’s CE Champagne is also known to be a disinfectant so a bottle next to the sink will do
drgreg, chris63, Magnus77 and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
A recent BHD-LHR, overheard the cabin crew discussing the state they'd found the aircraft in. Waste tanks at 75% full, fresh water 25%. The general response seemed to be this is a common issue that's getting worse.
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:07 pm

Have had some friends experience this issue on other carriers too recently (1-2 hour EU hops) - lavatories ending up in a horrific state. Would surely be a hygiene/health and safety issue for longer flights, if not at least too uncomfortable for traveling?
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had the same this week on LHR-BSL. BA752 on the 16th of March.
No running water on the plane.
It seems to be happening a lot.

I’m tempted to raise a complaint for some avios compensation but I’m not sure customer service would care at all.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:37 pm

Who cares about water on a jet aeroplane? It’s about glamour and that’s about bubbles!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Anyone concerned what summer travel will look like?

Perhaps a pre summer view will be provided around coronation date.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:16 pm

You're probably best not to drink the tea/coffee from the galley
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Duck1981
BA’s CE Champagne is also known to be a disinfectant so a bottle next to the sink will do
This is not true. Nicky Foo does in fact TASTE like disinfectant. Unfortunately, it doesn't in fact get bacterial counts low enough to actually function as a disinfectant.

Tastes like disinfectant but doesn't kill enough bacteria

Hope this helps.
wyddfa and Duck1981 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pilou
Have had some friends experience this issue on other carriers too recently (1-2 hour EU hops) - lavatories ending up in a horrific state. Would surely be a hygiene/health and safety issue for longer flights, if not at least too uncomfortable for traveling?
Do what I do, get out on the wing and just relieve yourself
DaveS likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:38 pm

That's horrible, first time hearing of this happening on planes.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC
I seem to remember that BA have previously run sectors between London and Singapore with no water on board. So whilst it's inconvenient for short haul, it's very much not off the cards for long haul as well.

Edit: added link to previous thread BA15 LHR -SIN 5th May left with empty water tanks

Last edited by plunet; Mar 18, 2023 at 2:31 am
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Many years ago I was on a VS flight from LHR to HKG and the crew discovered we had no water somewhere over France. The plane was turned around, we overnighted at some hotel at LHR and began the journey again the next morning.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Had this recently on a DUB-LHR flight, they blamed tight turnaround and not wanting to delay flight further…
I wonder if I was on the same flight, or if DUB flights are just repeat offenders.

Wipes put in the sink, but it was made clear the toilets can still be used as they rely more on suction than water.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.