Wiki Posts
Search

Woke up to (incorrect) Blue status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Woke up to (incorrect) Blue status

Strange thing happened: logged in this morning to book more flights and noticed my account mysteriously revered to Blue.

This is clearly wrong as even with mostly Y flights I racked up enough point to get Bronze, for whatever it's worth. Has anyone had that happen to them? I just checked my BA statement and earned 310 tier point last year, so should be Bronze... O
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Did you do your two eligible flights as well?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Did you do your two eligible flights as well?
yes, just looked up 2 examples on the statement from last year:

Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I just called the Exec club, the agent was quite confused as he could see the BA metal qualifying flights and that tier threshold was exceeded. So looks like another BA IT glitch. He raised a case so hopefully will find out more in due course.
adrianlondon, KARFA and RJD1983 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

As expected, when I first called BA, the agent agreed mistake was made and promised resolution but of course nothing happened.
Not sure what else I can do, perhaps file a formal complaint if there is a complaints email but I doubt they will do anything. Here is BA for you.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
If you go on manage my account there is help and contact - you can send ba a message. You can also try calling but not sure what will happen
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
If you go on manage my account there is help and contact - you can send ba a message. You can also try calling but not sure what will happen
yes I did that of course. They admitted a system bug, promised swift resolution but of course nothing happens.

perhaps BA should update their status requirements T&C with something like "but only if we feel like it".

It's hopeless, I will just leave it.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by OGG flyer
As expected, when I first called BA, the agent agreed mistake was made and promised resolution but of course nothing happened.
Not sure what else I can do, perhaps file a formal complaint if there is a complaints email but I doubt they will do anything. Here is BA for you.

It is a manual process so a comms is sent to back office to update your account and can take some time.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Well, I called BA today, had to dial just before 8am to have a chance of getting through.

I made an internal bet with myself that nothing was done and of course the chap confirmed no cases was raised by the previous 2 agents that I spoke to. Both said they would raise a case as soon as the call ended.

Unfortunately in all 3 cases the folks had rather poor English comprehension, and rather poor understanding of BA Exec program. I know it is pot luck who I get in this India call center, sometimes folks are more switched on depending who you get.

At any rate, there is no recourse to do anything. During today's call, the call dropped off when I was explaining the issue yet again (or perhaps the agent did not want to take on a "complicated" request and dropped the call, I can't know for sure).

So unless there is an email or a different magical number I could dial, I see no point. Yes, I know we should have very low expectations for BA customer service, it is often mentioned here how bad they are. But this is shocking, the worst I have seen since I joined the program.
skipness1E and adrianlondon like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
I'd put your complaint in writing now.

If you have dates/times/names of whom you spoke to, when you placed the calls which ended with no action being taken, include them.

As usual, keep it simple.

Or hope one of the staffers who are empowered to help woe beridden FTers DMs you and can do something on your behalf.
PETER01 and GaryK84 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I was incorrectly downgraded from silver to bronze, and after a formal complaint, I not only got reinstated, but extended for yet another year. Not sure if intentional but I've had the most amazing run of unexpected status extensions over the last 8 years that I'm tempted to take a trip to Vegas... (no, really I'm not)

Point being - complain!
mjh0 and RJD1983 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratechaser
I was incorrectly downgraded from silver to bronze, and after a formal complaint, I not only got reinstated, but extended for yet another year. Not sure if intentional but I've had the most amazing run of unexpected status extensions over the last 8 years that I'm tempted to take a trip to Vegas... (no, really I'm not)

Point being - complain!
Thanks, I raised a complained a week ago. Any idea of how long it takes for complaints to be reviewed? I have a PE flight with JAL from T3 next month, and in the last few flights with JAL their Business Class checking was far shorter and more pleasant experience, it would be nice to have this resolved by then. Thinking about it now, even the modest Bronze perks can mean a better overall experience.

My expectations for BA "customer non-support" reached a a level where I expect nothing will happen. I have been intentionally booking only JAL flights to Japan because I am trying to avoid dealing with BA as much as possible due to inability to contact anyone by phone in case of some king of "emergency". I had an issue to resolve with QR and they picked the phone within seconds (imagine that!). I had no need to call JAL yet for support but I can bet I could get through to someone.

And on the rare occasions where I dial at 07:59:30 first thing in the morning and get through, the general language comprehension and communication with folks in India was beyond diabolical.

Yes, I am aware there there are a few [mod edit: people] in this forum, who always get through to BA on first ring in peak hours. I am ranting mostly to release some steam. But there are also many reasonable folks who surely can appreciate how bad BA "customer non-support" has become.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 6, 2023 at 7:52 am Reason: Remove inflammatory language
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I think I can see what's happened here...

Bumped up to Bronze - why?!
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think I can see what's happened here...

Bumped up to Bronze - why?!
Yes,I saw the other thread but not clear how it relates to my issue. The BA metal flights: I took on my own,and these were revenue flights, earning TP, etc. The first agent that I managed to speak to confirmed I met the TP and BA flight requirements and that an error must have happened. It is always possible I am missing something and am in the wrong somehow,just can't see it yet.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Yes,I saw the other thread but not clear how it relates to my issue. The BA metal flights: I took on my own,and these were revenue flights, earning TP, etc. The first agent that I managed to speak to confirmed I met the TP and BA flight requirements and that an error must have happened. It is always possible I am missing something and am in the wrong somehow,just can't see it yet.
Sorry, it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to BA IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.