Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sydney aircraft change for summer 23? (Club Suites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney aircraft change for summer 23? (Club Suites)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:08 am

QF has 4 LHR slot pairs ( 2 on lease to BA) so if they keep the SIN flights they can still do project sunrise.

I'm surprised there would be such high yielding demand for 1 daily sunrise flight from Syd, Mel and Per but apparently so.

It'll be interesting with LHR and SYD curfew restrictions, I think QF would need to depart LHR early morning for the flight to arrive late evening SYD - not exactly great from a business traveller perspective.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by SW7London
QF has 4 LHR slot pairs ( 2 on lease to BA) so if they keep the SIN flights they can still do project sunrise.

I'm surprised there would be such high yielding demand for 1 daily sunrise flight from Syd, Mel and Per but apparently so.

It'll be interesting with LHR and SYD curfew restrictions, I think QF would need to depart LHR early morning for the flight to arrive late evening SYD - not exactly great from a business traveller perspective.
Agree - how to time the LHR SYD is tricky. I wonder actually if it is leave as early as possible in the morning to try to get a late afternoon arrival. SYD LHR is bascially leave around 5-6pm for a 6am arrival - that way it is easy!
FD.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
Agree - how to time the LHR SYD is tricky. I wonder actually if it is leave as early as possible in the morning to try to get a late afternoon arrival. SYD LHR is bascially leave around 5-6pm for a 6am arrival - that way it is easy!
FD.
No curfew proposed for Badgerys Creek - if you are patient.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
No curfew proposed for Badgerys Creek - if you are patient.
If that is the case it will be depart as late as possible from LHR (I think 11pm is the very latest you can schedule to leave) and arrive SYD 5am - might even be earlier. I suspect if this works out for QF they will have a flurry of SYD and MEL all at the same time....
FD.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hmmm. Baggery's Creek is at best 2026 and does QF want to be first mover there? Will they move all domestic etc operations on day one? Or will it just be JQ? There is a lot of time and many issues between now and there. Remembering that the SYD is quite well and easily connected to the city by car or train. SO with a 6am arrival in SYD how does that work. And I have not tried to work out the various summer/winter time configurations. I am firmly in the get out at SIN or HKG camp.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 1:31 am

I think the Badgerys Creek comment was somewhat tongue in cheek!

Cant wait to see what premium QF charge on Sunrise, interestingly QF First prices out of Sydney for may/june are cheaper than ex-LHR prices which is unusual.
louie-m and Radiation Station like this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by SW7London
I think the Badgerys Creek comment was somewhat tongue in cheek!

Cant wait to see what premium QF charge on Sunrise, interestingly QF First prices out of Sydney for may/june are cheaper than ex-LHR prices which is unusual.
The premium will be huge and then will come down like it has with pretty much every other route.......
If Bagleys Creek can do 24:7 operations then I suspect it is a 10:30pm take off from London to get into Sydney at 4am. It makes for a gruelling and long first day but I suppose no worse than the 23:15 from HKG to get in at 04:30 to LHR and then have to work all day....
FD.
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.