Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club world trolley service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
My first trip on a 747 was in 1978, Wardair PIK-YYZ. The two things I remember from that trip are walking across the apron to climb the steps and being blown away by the sheer size of the aircraft.....and the dessert trolley!
Yorkshire Traveller and JTXC like this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Isn’t it the case that ‘hand delivery’ is more ‘premium’ and ‘what our passengers told us they prefer’…?

And definitely nothing to do with too narrow aisles or too wide trolleys or too few crew…
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Traveller
Oh for the dessert trolley service on Wardair (does anyone else remember them?) with trifle being served from large glass bowls just like going to your favourite Aunties for tea!
Flew them five times. Not cheap even in economy however the service was very good especially on the 747. Don't remember the trifle but their steaks were very good. I did notice the quality had declined over the intervening years between my first and last flight.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bafan
Isn’t it the case that ‘hand delivery’ is more ‘premium’ and ‘what our passengers told us they prefer’…?
Hand-carved chateaubriand or rack of lamb on a trolly at your seat would be premium. Or even serving out the caviar and garnishments. Sigh.
bafan, camdentown and Crisphoarder like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.