Wiki Posts
Search

No tier points or Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

No tier points or Avios?

Hello experts,
Next month I have a return flight booked LHR-LAX. I used the book and upgrade function on the BA website and my cost is £1400 plus 60k avios for club. In manage my booking it states I will earn 0 tier points and 0 avios. Is this correct or should I query this with BA? TIA
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you used Book and Upgrade, first option, that is more usually known as Upgrade using Avios (UuA). It's a commercial ticket rather than a redemption, and so you earn the Avios and Tier Points associated with the cash part of your booking. So if you are travelling in Club World, you'll earn the Tier Points and Avios associated with World Traveller Plus, so 90 TPs outbound and another 90 TPs inbound.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you used Book and Upgrade, first option, that is more usually known as Upgrade using Avios (UuA). It's a commercial ticket rather than a redemption, and so you earn the Avios and Tier Points associated with the cash part of your booking. So if you are travelling in Club World, you'll earn the Tier Points and Avios associated with World Traveller Plus, so 90 TPs outbound and another 90 TPs inbound.
Thankyou, that was my understanding too. I will contact them when I return if the points do not show in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.