Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xfr BA household Avios to QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Xfr BA household Avios to QR

Does anybody know if there is a simple way to transfer pooled Avios (BA household account) to QR? I've had a look on the QR website which shows that you can add a family member but requested copies of passport and marriage certificate.
As aside, is there any benefit of redeeming Avios through the QR website over BA? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I have moved avios from and to QR from my BAEC household account to a linked QR account in my name. It takes pro-rata from the household account (and a reverse transfers divides the amount pro-rata into the household account.

I booked a AUH to CMB ticket using cash and avios, I don't think I had the same option on BA. Also got a relatively low POUG offer for the long haul, so I was pretty satisfied all in all.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I have moved avios from and to QR from my BAEC household account to a linked QR account in my name. It takes pro-rata from the household account (and a reverse transfers divides the amount pro-rata into the household account.

I booked a AUH to CMB ticket using cash and avios, I don't think I had the same option on BA. Also got a relatively low POUG offer for the long haul, so I was pretty satisfied all in all.
But did you have the full HH balance available to transfer between accounts?

When I tried this recently, it gave me the ability transfer only up to my own personal Avios balance over to QR - rather than the whole HH balance (its possible the transfer itself deducted pro-rata from the HH member balances - but again, the transfer itself seemed to be capped at my Avios balance)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.