Wiki Posts
Search

e-Voucher Options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
e-Voucher Options

Apologies for starting a new thread on a regular topic, after searching I couldn't find anything quite as specific as my situation.

I have two e-Vouchers close to £5k in value as a result of cancelling 10 flights last Summer due to Canadian visa problems, rather than Coronavirus/BA cancellations etc. So, totally on me (and Canada), but I utilised the opportunity at the time to convert to vouchers as we could no longer travel, the idea being we would fly this year instead.

Due to a number of issues, including ongoing visa delays, it is proving impossible to rearrange before the 30 Sep 23 deadline. My understanding from the FAQ's, and on here, is that because this was a flight booking, the vouchers can only be used for BA coded flights, and not BAH, Avios part payment etc., and I cannot find a use for them at all. I think my options therefore are:

1. Find something (anything!) to spend it on in order to use it up (maybe towards a points run?);
2. Sell them on eBay as they are transferable and I have seen some vouchers for sale on there already;
3. Let them expire and lose the £5k.

Are there any other options open to me at all?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I don't know if still an option, but previously if you made a booking with a voucher - and then BA subsequently cancelled a flight, you could get full refund back to credit card.

Is it worth booking £5k flights to PVG in April and hoping for a cancellation... ?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
I'm pretty sure that e-Vouchers can be used for BA Holidays bookings, just not online...
Possibly call or ask via Twitter to be sure, but I'm pretty confident that you can pay the minimum deposit online and then apply an e-voucher over the phone or by email.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Joeykins
I'm pretty sure that e-Vouchers can be used for BA Holidays bookings, just not online...
Possibly call or ask via Twitter to be sure, but I'm pretty confident that you can pay the minimum deposit online and then apply an e-voucher over the phone or by email.
If you book a new holiday for completion by end Sept 2023 you can then email [email protected] with your booking reference and evoucher details and they can reduce the balance
dadio77 and Anonba like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:08 am

Just to add to the above two comments, the balance for a BA Holidays booking has to be settled 7 weeks before travel and so I’m guessing you will need to book at least 2 months in advance to allow for an opportunity to email in and have your eVouchers applied. Likewise when you mention you may have up-to 10 eVouchers, there is a limit of 4 voucher per reservation on BA.com, I’m not sure if that applies to a BA Holidays booking, maybe someone can better answer that.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the responses - just for clarity, this wasn't a cancelled flight, and the value is over two e-Vouchers.

So BAH could be an option? I have some Avios flights and a hotel booked for the Summer, may price up an option through BAH to see if that works...
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:34 am

I'm guessing, but I suspect there are many people with vouchers and therefore BA will extend the deadline to avoid bad publicity.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:17 am
Original Poster

That would be great, though a difficult balance if BAH is an option and payment terms as above - I have flights booked for July and just priced up a hotel on BA which was a really competitive price, so I may email them and see if I can pay for that with vouchers.... won't be the whole value but will avoid a significant loss!
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
There's a possibility that it'll reset the time limit on the voucher use, alternatively it gives you a much lower value voucher to try and sell which is inherently less risky.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:54 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
I'm guessing, but I suspect there are many people with vouchers and therefore BA will extend the deadline to avoid bad publicity.
Hope so..
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:17 am

Just confirming that eVouchers can still be redeemed towards a BAH booking over the phone or via email?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Just confirming that eVouchers can still be redeemed towards a BAH booking over the phone or via email?
I think both - I have now booked a BAH, but called before to confirm my voucher type can be used. I was advised I could call back and book over the phone, or book online, pay the deposit (or full balance if close to departure), and then email BAH for a refund via the vouchers. Will update when I know everything has been accepted (auto email says 7 days for a response, if you know what you want to book, over the phone may be easier!).
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by dadio77
I think both - I have now booked a BAH, but called before to confirm my voucher type can be used. I was advised I could call back and book over the phone, or book online, pay the deposit (or full balance if close to departure), and then email BAH for a refund via the vouchers. Will update when I know everything has been accepted (auto email says 7 days for a response, if you know what you want to book, over the phone may be easier!).
Yes do report back please. From recent feedback it sounds like the only workaround with BAH now is getting them to accept them at the time of booking, as if emailing them they seem to just be refunded.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes do report back please. From recent feedback it sounds like the only workaround with BAH now is getting them to accept them at the time of booking, as if emailing them they seem to just be refunded.
Ah really?? I should have booked through the very helpful agent in hindsight, though I hadn't 100% firmed up all elements of the booking. Will give it the seven days then try and call....
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by dadio77
Ah really?? I should have booked through the very helpful agent in hindsight, though I hadn't 100% firmed up all elements of the booking. Will give it the seven days then try and call....
Yes, according to recent feedback. I had thought it was maybe limited to old FTV’s however seems to be all eVouchers now handed over to BAH. There was even a report of the eVouchers being collected over the phone and then told they were being refunded, however at least in that situation vs email there is the opportunity to pull back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.