e-Voucher Options

Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I just spoke to a very helpful agent who confirmed, to my surprise, that my E voucher could be refunded in full. I was planning to use it to pay for a BAH booking when payment is due in July but happy to have the money in my bank account in the meantime.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:03 am

Does that include vouchers for travel after November 2020? https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...refund-options

Did you call BA or BAH?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: OW
Yes - for all e-vouchers. Need to call BAH afaik.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Phoned what I think is BAH 0344 4930787. The voucher was for a flight only in May 2022 that I cancelled. I was very surprised to be offered the refund but the agent did check when I queried it. I’ll confirm as soon as the refund hits my account.
pazza2000 and dadio77 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:34 am

I’m in a situation where I don’t want a refund, although I appreciate it makes little difference or is even preferred by many. I essentially purchased my eVouchers cheaply via the generous 2p Avios promotion 18 months ago.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Essex Flyer
Phoned what I think is BAH 0344 4930787. The voucher was for a flight only in May 2022 that I cancelled. I was very surprised to be offered the refund but the agent did check when I queried it. Ill confirm as soon as the refund hits my account.
Can confirm the same - followed BAH advice as per my earlier posts and paid a 250 deposit, then emailed asking for vouchers to be applied - had a response a week later to say the vouchers would be refunded so called to find out exactly what this meant, and sure enough the full value of the two vouchers I added to the email were to be refunded - these hit my original payment card today.

The agent mentioned something around fraudulent activity in Dec time contributing to a change of policy by BA, and if you want to use for BAH they are refunded now as the two companies are 'separate'. I don't follow entirely, but I'm more than happy to have almost 5k back that I thought I may be losing at one point (for context these were flight only vouchers for a cancellation made by me due to visa issues meaning my family couldn't fly to YVR last Summer).

I could take the 250 hit and keep the cash, but the BAH was for hotel and car hire that was actually a really good price, so some part of BA will at least get this cash back (and no fraud in sight!)
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by dadio77
Can confirm the same - followed BAH advice as per my earlier posts and paid a 250 deposit, then emailed asking for vouchers to be applied - had a response a week later to say the vouchers would be refunded so called to find out exactly what this meant, and sure enough the full value of the two vouchers I added to the email were to be refunded - these hit my original payment card today.

The agent mentioned something around fraudulent activity in Dec time contributing to a change of policy by BA, and if you want to use for BAH they are refunded now as the two companies are 'separate'. I don't follow entirely, but I'm more than happy to have almost 5k back that I thought I may be losing at one point (for context these were flight only vouchers for a cancellation made by me due to visa issues meaning my family couldn't fly to YVR last Summer).

I could take the 250 hit and keep the cash, but the BAH was for hotel and car hire that was actually a really good price, so some part of BA will at least get this cash back (and no fraud in sight!)
This is interesting, thanks for updating.

I have 4,100 in E-vouchers that need using by 30th September, and will be virtually impossible to use by then due to new job and no leave available until late October?

Did your BAH booking cover your vouchers, or was it less? Wondering if I make a cheaper booking and then cancel and hopefully just lose the deposit 🤔. I can not see an email address anywhere on the website? Did they give it after you booked? Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catlady40
This is interesting, thanks for updating.

I have 4,100 in E-vouchers that need using by 30th September, and will be virtually impossible to use by then due to new job and no leave available until late October?

Did your BAH booking cover your vouchers, or was it less? Wondering if I make a cheaper booking and then cancel and hopefully just lose the deposit 🤔. I can not see an email address anywhere on the website? Did they give it after you booked? Thanks.
It was for a little less, but as I only paid 250 initially as a deposit, I don't think the cost matters, once you ask for the vouchers to be applied, they will likely refund the full value. I emailed [email protected] once I received the booking confirmation. You probably can do what you are suggesting, it's not BA's intention for this to happen, but as others have pointed out (along with recent media reports), BA customers are sat on hundreds of millions of pounds worth of vouchers which will inevitably lead to adverse publicity, so this is one way of reducing that list (see it as a 250 fee!).

Just to note, this is how mine worked out, BA have thousands of staff and they can operate quite differently, so the flip side of your approach could be a 4,350 hole - very unlikely but I'm not a BA employee or expert by any stretch!
catlady40 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by dadio77
It was for a little less, but as I only paid 250 initially as a deposit, I don't think the cost matters, once you ask for the vouchers to be applied, they will likely refund the full value. I emailed [email protected] once I received the booking confirmation. You probably can do what you are suggesting, it's not BA's intention for this to happen, but as others have pointed out (along with recent media reports), BA customers are sat on hundreds of millions of pounds worth of vouchers which will inevitably lead to adverse publicity, so this is one way of reducing that list (see it as a 250 fee!).

Just to note, this is how mine worked out, BA have thousands of staff and they can operate quite differently, so the flip side of your approach could be a 4,350 hole - very unlikely but I'm not a BA employee or expert by any stretch!
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
I don't really have much option but to try this approach unfortunately, probably worth a gamble I guess 😕. It's a lot of money to lose! If they extended the deadline I would definitely use them! 🤞.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:25 pm

Yes an extension would be preferred at my end also then, it’s clear that BAH are now no longer accepting, and yet I don’t actually want my eVouchers extended, having attained them cheaply via the x2 value Avios promotion some time ago. I’m not in a worse position if they are refunded however I would have seen better value redeeming them via BAH pre 30th Sept vs BA.com for flights only now.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 11:20 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I have a similar situation as the OP - a sizeable e-voucher for a previously cancelled BA flight which in my case requires travel to be complete before September 30 or lose the value. It's possible that I might be able to use this as part of an MR I'm planning this Summer, but the logistics are getting a bit complex and the timing may not work out.

So, I have slightly different question.

If I book a random BA revenue flight that fully uses this e-voucher, can I cancel that rez a bit later and get a new voucher with a expiry date later than September 30? Or does the cancellation just credit back to the original funding source which would be the current e-voucher with the current expiry date?

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:01 am

I have an evoucher and it would work out better to use it for a package holiday booking. BA specifies that evouchers cannot be used against package holidays online, and if I am interested in booking a package holiday, I should call them. I am reading conflicting info in the forums, is my voucher valid for a BA Holiday, via their call centre? Hoping to travel in March next year.

Thank you
Old May 17, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
Yes.
You can book and pay the deposit online, and then email the holidays team with the voucher info and they'll apply it.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 7:43 am

Can we use these vouchers for hotel bookings only? Thinking of booking a flight with a different airline and use 100% of the vouchers for accommodation.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by User1066
Can we use these vouchers for hotel bookings only? Thinking of booking a flight with a different airline and use 100% of the vouchers for accommodation.
Yes, as long as it's BAH it should be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.