e-Voucher Options

Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:36 am

Hi All,

I thought I'd share my experience with BA and their eVouchers. After reading your comments earlier in the Summer, I called BA and asked them to confirm if I can redeem the evoucher to a holiday package. I had quite a lot in evouchers and I wasn't planning on booking so many flights but a holiday package was something that I was interested in. BA confirmed - on three separate occasions - that this is correct, all I need to do is to make the booking, then send them an email with the booking details and they will deduct the voucher's value from the total.

So, I went ahead and made a booking on a Thursday evening and sent an email to the holidays team, asking them to use my vouchers. Their response came back the following Friday: British Airways Holidays does not use evouchers, the value of the voucher is not deducted from the holiday package cost. Instead, they will refund the very first card, that was used for the very first, original booking.
This is obviously not an issue if the initial flight was booked by you for yourself. However, if you kindly bought vouchers off from people during Covid, this can be a problem. In my case this is quite a lot of money, and because BAH took over a week to respond, their best advice was 'sorry, we can't give you the 200 deposit back because it is over 24hrs since you made the booking'

Eventually, I got my refund and I was able to redeem the voucher in a different way, but the summary is that
- evouchers are not directly valid for British Airways Holidays
- evouchers cannot be used for hotel only bookings
- evouchers are best to be used for flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.