Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you fly?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Kind of streaky in my case. I generally do long haul 3 times a year from Mex to Europe or Asia. However one long haul into Europe can come along with 12 to 14 short haul legs included in that trip. In Mexico I don't tend to do much internal flying these days as I'll often go stateside to see family when I've got spare time. I can easily go 3 months not flying and then have another flurry of flights over a few weeks
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
With family overseas I tend to do at least two long-haul trips per year (TX/West Coast USA and SE Asia with side trips built in) and 3-4 European holidays and 2-3 domestic trips as well. Usually like to space my trips out roughly every 6 weeks so I've always got something to look forward to.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Probably about 15 round trips each year purely between JER and the mainland (half personal, half for work), and then three or four leisure trips (mostly to Europe, perhaps one a year to the US). So about 50 flights, but well over half of them involving JER in some way and thus being very short.
Shingi and T8191 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Leisure only and I generally do around one LH a month over the last nine months, though it’s not usually as much as that. (Wife is CC). A few other SH to Spain (skiing) and Greece (sailing) at various points in the year.

Because a lot of the flying is Staff Travel no status, however some proper J stuff booked via BAH this year so Silver is coming.

Always loved travel and our retirement funding takes into account J travel with BA to try and maintain Silver.

Also like BA so most of our flying will be with them. Had the misfortune of trying Qantas LH last week - hopefully never again.
Shingi and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Pre-covid 150 - 200 flight per year. So roughly 3 or 4 per week. Post-covid it's more like 70 - 80 per year. The majority are SH for work.
Shingi and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AIKE
I work in public relations for a FTSE 250. Would love to hear what kind of jobs other users are in that enables frequent transatlantic or other more interesting travel than mine.
Theres a thread for this…

OT: occupation of BA FTers
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:42 pm

About one round trip per month - about 1/3 of that is for work. I fly more than some, but not enough to go all in for status with one airline.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:00 pm

5-6 LH and 4-5 SH every year, some work, some leisure. Work in media which takes me to some interesting places, plus family overseas means some trips for catching up too.
Shingi and UA_DC10_Friendship like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by PAL62V
plus family overseas means some trips for catching up too.
ha yeah me too - I forgot that I do SFO or LAX to SYD once a year for the last 35 years to visit family. So routine now..
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:25 pm

Self paid leisure , about 2 flights per month, also depends on my own shifts with my own employer

and this is travelling down to LHR or LGW from NW to start my journey
Shingi and Gallus1 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:05 am

I fly BOS-LHR once a month.
Shingi and Fyfan like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
About 50 a year.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Around 26 long haul(TATL) legs per year plus 15-20 Schengen, UK/Schengen, US domestic legs per year.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Simple old Leisure traveller, but we try to get away on holiday every 2/3 of months. Ex-JER obviously adds connecting sectors every trip, which conveniently ups the Sector count and the TPs! Pre-Covid, >30 Sectors p/a, currently ~20. Destinations ... mainly USA, Caribbean and Mediterranean.
HIDDY, Shingi, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Too often.............8 flights next week, week after = 4, week after that = 5 and then another 5 the following week, each of these trips being work-related. Yes, it can be tiring at times but it's part of the job. Each of these flights is short haul Europe and I get to fly in Club which makes it a bit more comfortable.
Shingi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.