FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How often do you fly? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2107825-how-often-do-you-fly.html)

Shingi Jan 13, 2023 4:27 am

How often do you fly?

I ask this because some members on this forum seem to spend an awful lot of time in the air, almost a mind boggling amount, for me anyway. Karfa springs to mind from his entries on the catering threads. I realise that it will be work related but even so! Do you ever tire of it? After all it’s not just the flying, it’s the getting to the airports, delays, strikes etc., not to mention coping with long haul jet lag. Please excuse me if it’s a banal question but it fascinates me.

ps: Cabin crew excluded of course :)

James91 Jan 13, 2023 4:30 am

I fly 6-8x a month with work - many times with connections. I get tired but I enjoy the chances I can fly in J and I remember some people have real problems 😏.

bisonrav Jan 13, 2023 4:42 am

As often as possible, but no more than that.

Jpm81 Jan 13, 2023 4:51 am

Generally either 4 or 6 flights a week for work.

We are very busy at the moment so don't see it calming down for a while. If I can get into flying every other week that would be nice but that's probably going to be in 2024.

Shingi Jan 13, 2023 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Jpm81 (Post 34920662)
Generally either 4 or 6 flights a week for work.

We are very busy at the moment so don't see it calming down for a while. If I can get into flying every other week that would be nice but that's probably going to be in 2024.

WOW!

sydtogla Jan 13, 2023 4:59 am

Short haul maybe 1rt per week. Long haul maybe one return every 6 weeks. It feels like a sweet spot for me at the moment.

Cymro Jan 13, 2023 5:30 am

Roughly one trip per month, for family/leisure purposes, but that can be up to three or four returns within that trip, plus connections.

Grande Annee Jan 13, 2023 5:55 am

Approx 10 return trips per year

AIKE Jan 13, 2023 5:57 am

Regularly to London 1/2 times a month from GLA/EDI for work (so 2 to 4 flights, sometimes two on the same day).

I work in public relations for a FTSE 250. Would love to hear what kind of jobs other users are in that enables frequent transatlantic or other more interesting travel than mine.

fatmac70 Jan 13, 2023 6:15 am

I used to do 4-6 long haul flights out of East Coast US to Europe, Middle East, Asia, South America and Africa + some 2-4 domestic flights in US in a month.
I was in Global Supply Chain in Pharma. I don’t do anywhere near that now and since Covid-19 business travel has greatly reduced.
I now maybe do 1 long haul and 1 short haul flight a quarter.
I do have life time status on AA and BA which is especially useful on my domestic US flights.

I am so glad I don’t travel as much as I used to (even though it was great to meet so many fantastic people with different backgrounds and culture) as I am getting older.

However still have the travel bug for personal and leisure travel - I will never lose that travel bug! 😎😂😎

EuropeanPete Jan 13, 2023 6:20 am

Around 3 times a week when in UK/ Europe. When travelling for work or fun, it’s usually slightly fewer flights, but over longer distances. I worked out I put in 25,000 miles and 4 continents over the holiday period (part of that was after me screwing up with something).

I’m still not even halfway to BA lifetime because so many of my flights are in the places which OW can’t scratch.

I have my own consulting business and often have extended periods where I don’t have work/ am not looking which I use to get out a bit.

noniron Jan 13, 2023 6:53 am

Me, not often enough!

Shingi Jan 13, 2023 6:59 am

Originally Posted by noniron (Post 34920932)
Me, not often enough!

Same here, leisure only and about 4 times a year or 5 if the budget allows. Other than that it’s the motor home.

RockyRobin Jan 13, 2023 7:07 am

I did 9 leisure return trip in 2019
Didn't start until June 2022 but think I managed 6 returns.
This year I have two booked, more to come.

No work trips, have done a handful of them in my time but only Europe

Jpm81 Jan 13, 2023 7:17 am

Originally Posted by AIKE (Post 34920803)
Regularly to London 1/2 times a month from GLA/EDI for work (so 2 to 4 flights, sometimes two on the same day).

I work in public relations for a FTSE 250. Would love to hear what kind of jobs other users are in that enables frequent transatlantic or other more interesting travel than mine.

I work in a global supply chain and have responsibility for factories all over the globe which drives my travel. Been Europe/NA/Mexico for the past 2 years and now with China opening back up will also be going there and Taiwan later this year.