Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you fly?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
How often do you fly?

I ask this because some members on this forum seem to spend an awful lot of time in the air, almost a mind boggling amount, for me anyway. Karfa springs to mind from his entries on the catering threads. I realise that it will be work related but even so! Do you ever tire of it? After all it’s not just the flying, it’s the getting to the airports, delays, strikes etc., not to mention coping with long haul jet lag. Please excuse me if it’s a banal question but it fascinates me.

ps: Cabin crew excluded of course
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:30 am

I fly 6-8x a month with work - many times with connections. I get tired but I enjoy the chances I can fly in J and I remember some people have real problems 😏.
Shingi and Fyfan like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
As often as possible, but no more than that.
Shingi, eugnk, firstlight and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Generally either 4 or 6 flights a week for work.

We are very busy at the moment so don't see it calming down for a while. If I can get into flying every other week that would be nice but that's probably going to be in 2024.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jpm81
Generally either 4 or 6 flights a week for work.

We are very busy at the moment so don't see it calming down for a while. If I can get into flying every other week that would be nice but that's probably going to be in 2024.
WOW!
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Short haul maybe 1rt per week. Long haul maybe one return every 6 weeks. It feels like a sweet spot for me at the moment.
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Roughly one trip per month, for family/leisure purposes, but that can be up to three or four returns within that trip, plus connections.
Shingi and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Approx 10 return trips per year
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:57 am

Regularly to London 1/2 times a month from GLA/EDI for work (so 2 to 4 flights, sometimes two on the same day).

I work in public relations for a FTSE 250. Would love to hear what kind of jobs other users are in that enables frequent transatlantic or other more interesting travel than mine.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I used to do 4-6 long haul flights out of East Coast US to Europe, Middle East, Asia, South America and Africa + some 2-4 domestic flights in US in a month.
I was in Global Supply Chain in Pharma. I don’t do anywhere near that now and since Covid-19 business travel has greatly reduced.
I now maybe do 1 long haul and 1 short haul flight a quarter.
I do have life time status on AA and BA which is especially useful on my domestic US flights.

I am so glad I don’t travel as much as I used to (even though it was great to meet so many fantastic people with different backgrounds and culture) as I am getting older.

However still have the travel bug for personal and leisure travel - I will never lose that travel bug! 😎😂😎
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Around 3 times a week when in UK/ Europe. When travelling for work or fun, it’s usually slightly fewer flights, but over longer distances. I worked out I put in 25,000 miles and 4 continents over the holiday period (part of that was after me screwing up with something).

I’m still not even halfway to BA lifetime because so many of my flights are in the places which OW can’t scratch.

I have my own consulting business and often have extended periods where I don’t have work/ am not looking which I use to get out a bit.
Shingi and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Me, not often enough!
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noniron
Me, not often enough!
Same here, leisure only and about 4 times a year or 5 if the budget allows. Other than that it’s the motor home.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I did 9 leisure return trip in 2019
Didn't start until June 2022 but think I managed 6 returns.
This year I have two booked, more to come.

No work trips, have done a handful of them in my time but only Europe
Shingi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AIKE
Regularly to London 1/2 times a month from GLA/EDI for work (so 2 to 4 flights, sometimes two on the same day).

I work in public relations for a FTSE 250. Would love to hear what kind of jobs other users are in that enables frequent transatlantic or other more interesting travel than mine.
I work in a global supply chain and have responsibility for factories all over the globe which drives my travel. Been Europe/NA/Mexico for the past 2 years and now with China opening back up will also be going there and Taiwan later this year.
Shingi and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.