BA Planned 787-10 Routes for 2023

Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:21 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: KSA
Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Posts: 1,234
Riyadh is getting the 10 for certain days and the 777 seems to have gone off the route now with a variety of 787's replacing
moral_low_ground is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2023, 5:09 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,105
Originally Posted by Mjcek
I have a flight from IAD-LHR on March 30, 2024 (1920hrs departure). It doesnt list equipment on the BA site, but shows as a 787-10 on ExpertFlyer.

I don't see any return trips to IAD from LHR on a 781, however, that arent a 777 or A380...
BA216 for 30/03 is on a 781, whereas BA292 on the same day is on a 777 with this configuration: 8F/49J/40W/138M. Obviously, things might vary between now and departure day.
13901 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:31 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 13
In F on 113 to JFK on 21/12. Showing as 781. Hopefully will remain as so!
nichew is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:12 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by 13901
BA216 for 30/03 is on a 781, whereas BA292 on the same day is on a 777 with this configuration: 8F/49J/40W/138M. Obviously, things might vary between now and departure day.
any chance of a 781 for the return trip to the US? Just curious where the 781 comes from before it reaches IAD on the 30th if not from LHR.
Mjcek is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:28 am
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Anglia UK
Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Posts: 1,621
Delivered some US friends to LHR yesterday for their return to IAD.. 787-10 both ways. They loved the club suite. Only complaint was people slamming the overhead lockers after retrieving items during the flight. Food and service excellent apparently. Kept on about how it would be good if US airlines came up to that standard. Praise where praise is due.
pennineuk likes this.
lloydah is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2023, 3:11 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,105
Originally Posted by Mjcek
any chance of a 781 for the return trip to the US? Just curious where the 781 comes from before it reaches IAD on the 30th if not from LHR.
The rotation is a fairly simple there-and-back, the same plane that has operated the outbound will operate the inbound too. Today, for instance, G-ZBLG will operate the BA217 LHR-IAD & the BA216 IAD-LHR services, unless there's a last- minute aircraft swap.
13901 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:31 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London, Babylon-on-Thames
Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Posts: 1,472
Do we have a semi-settled view yet on the B787-10 deployment for summmer 2024?
skipness1E is offline  
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:52 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,105
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Do we have a semi-settled view yet on the B787-10 deployment for summmer 2024?
As things stand now, from April onwards, we should have the 78X daily on these flights:
  • BA255 LHR-BGI
  • BA189 LHR-EWR
  • BA157 LHR-KWI
  • BA075 LHR-LOS
  • BA049 LHR-SEA
Then there's ORD, where the plan is to have the 78X on the BA297 16x in April, 21x in May and then daily from June. BA299 should also start but it doesn't show as daily.

Finally, BA267 to PDX will begin to be daily on the 78X in July and BA195 to IAH will have a daily 78X service in June only.

Overall, up to July there are about 200 flights/month up to June, increasing to 250 that month and 290 in July. I suppose they're expecting one 78X delivery in time for June and another in July.
13901 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:40 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.K.
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 342
Originally Posted by 13901
As things stand now, from April onwards, we should have the 78X daily on these flights:
  • BA255 LHR-BGI
  • BA189 LHR-EWR
  • BA157 LHR-KWI
  • BA075 LHR-LOS
  • BA049 LHR-SEA
Then there's ORD, where the plan is to have the 78X on the BA297 16x in April, 21x in May and then daily from June. BA299 should also start but it doesn't show as daily.

Finally, BA267 to PDX will begin to be daily on the 78X in July and BA195 to IAH will have a daily 78X service in June only.

Overall, up to July there are about 200 flights/month up to June, increasing to 250 that month and 290 in July. I suppose they're expecting one 78X delivery in time for June and another in July.
My 299/298 for July is showing as a 78X, one of the other flights, the 297/298 rotation is also showing a 78X on the same day. All will depend on them receiving the 5 new aircraft due by August on time.
13901 likes this.
Magnus77 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:18 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: BA Exec Club
Posts: 911
Originally Posted by 13901
As things stand now, from April onwards, we should have the 78X daily on these flights:
  • BA255 LHR-BGI
  • BA189 LHR-EWR
  • BA157 LHR-KWI
  • BA075 LHR-LOS
  • BA049 LHR-SEA
Then there's ORD, where the plan is to have the 78X on the BA297 16x in April, 21x in May and then daily from June. BA299 should also start but it doesn't show as daily.

Finally, BA267 to PDX will begin to be daily on the 78X in July and BA195 to IAH will have a daily 78X service in June only.

Overall, up to July there are about 200 flights/month up to June, increasing to 250 that month and 290 in July. I suppose they're expecting one 78X delivery in time for June and another in July.
Yes, one is about to roll out of final assembly in Charleston

also -10 goes 2x Daily to EWR from July or August I believe?

the third last flight is being pulled and the -10 will operate the 10am and 4pm

Last edited by opus99; Feb 22, 2024 at 3:33 am
opus99 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:27 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: BA Exec Club
Posts: 911
For the Winter (probably heavily subject to change) some new routes and some old routes coming back.

-10 will start Abu Dhabi
-10 will restart Denver (and yes this operates as a three class with first class blocked off)
-10 will restart Miami
-10 continues ORD
-10 continues Lagos
-10 restarts JFK after S24 schedule break.
-10 goes 2x daily on IAD
-10 KWI continues
-10 restarts RUH after S4 schedule break
-10 restarts 2x Daily DXB after S24 schedule break

this in total is 12 frames and will (all fingers crossed, by Gods special grace because with Boeing you just never know do you?) have all been delivered from the original order.

the the remaining 6 will start delivery from late 2025

After that we will see whether BA decides to expand the -10 fleet as the primary aircraft to replace the 200ERs or if they go with the 350 or 777X

I will say the -10 is spreading its legs across the network and seems to focus on BAs core profit making routes and regions
BearX220 and tunis97x like this.

Last edited by opus99; Feb 22, 2024 at 3:34 am
opus99 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:48 am
  #132  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southampton
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by opus99
For the Winter (probably heavily subject to change) some new routes and some old routes coming back.

- will say the -10 is spreading its legs across the network and seems to focus on BAs core profit making routes and regions
Apols for being daft, but I fail to see how the B78X replacces the B777-200ERs when they don't seem to have crew bunks. They seem more of a G-ZZZ*/G-RAES replacement? Middle East and East Coast US.....
zaphod424 likes this.
Spongthrush is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:58 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: BA Exec Club
Posts: 911
Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Apols for being daft, but I fail to see how the B78X replacces the B777-200ERs when they don't seem to have crew bunks. They seem more of a G-ZZZ*/G-RAES replacement? Middle East and East Coast US.....
So half the 777-200ERs dont have bunks either. So the G-VII* fleet dont have bunks which is why they as well never fly beyond Middle East and east coast US. The YMM* fleet however does.

theres talk that the remaining 6 787-10s will have bunks to allow it fly to further. But we will see.

but as you can see from how BA uses the -10 to some routes like PDX and DEN (they block off first. I presume for demand purposes but also it severs as crew rest. Im happy to be corrected) but those routes are really pushing the envelope of what is permissible by law. But BA always does that

also G-RAES is a 777-200ER


but again theres no guarantee it will be the -10

it could be the 350-1000, it could be the 777-9.

I dont think BA will for the 900. If they want the 350, it will be -1000
opus99 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:08 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 24
Are the chances of a 787 from Shanghai to LHR in May pretty likely?
infrequentflytalker is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:09 am
  #135  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Programs: BA Exec Club
Posts: 911
Originally Posted by infrequentflytalker
Are the chances of a 787 from Shanghai to LHR pretty likely?
the -10? Absolutely not. Even with bunks going to Shanghai will be fine for the -10. Coming back? Yeah that will be a stage length too far.
13901 likes this.
opus99 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.