Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2023 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
A shout out to the DYKWIA dad flying with his son in J from CAI a couple of days ago who was desperately looking for the J line at the gate, to the extent that he decided to limbo under the queue ropes to avoid the passport/security check and get into the stroller/wheelchair preboarding line - "busness class? business class???"
asnovici, the810 and Bluekjp like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by plas
A shout out to the DYKWIA dad flying with his son in J from CAI a couple of days ago who was desperately looking for the J line at the gate, to the extent that he decided to limbo under the queue ropes to avoid the passport/security check and get into the stroller/wheelchair preboarding line - "busness class? business class???"
I wouldnt be rushing to board an A320/1 for a 5 hour flight.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by flyslow
I believe it was here in BA board few years ago, someone wrote that they 'require' absolute darkness and silence in the entire the cabin when they fly, no screens, no reading lights, no whispering, no eating etc, because they have very important meetings to attend next day.
On the phone atm, so won't do a search.
Whenever I read stuff like this I am immediately reminded of Niles Crane and the whale sounds/sleep machine…!
asnovici, krispy84, becks1 and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Originally Posted by flyslow
I believe it was here in BA board few years ago, someone wrote that they 'require' absolute darkness and silence in the entire the cabin when they fly, no screens, no reading lights, no whispering, no eating etc, because they have very important meetings to attend next day.
On the phone atm, so won't do a search.
There's an easy solution...private jet!
flygirl68 and RNdouble like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by AviationMoose
'I AM GOLD, YOU KNOW!'.
"Thanks for letting us know that you are only 'gold', we wondered whether you were any important..."
kileysmom, the810, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by AviationMoose
When something isn't automatically DYKWIA behaviour but sort of becomes it...

Flight back from MAN last weekend; chap in 1C asks crew to move... whatever that green bag thing is that's often in the overhead locker in the first row, so he can put his bag up there. There was plenty of room just behind, but... okay, I guess.

But what it didn't need was the 'I AM GOLD, YOU KNOW!', as the second sentence. When the CC hadn't even had time to reply.
Where do the BAEC terms state that Gold guarantees you an overhead luggage space directly above your seat? If so, crew would be very busy verifying everyone's status at boarding. Geez...
AviationMoose likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Whenever I read stuff like this I am immediately reminded of Niles Crane and the whale sounds/sleep machine…!
That was Maris surely? 😁
crazy8534, nilsfr69 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
As punishment, may your next 10 flights all be from A10 at T5
Based on the fact I'm currently doing JFK once or twice a month, I can guarantee at least half of them will be!

M
Markie, BearX220, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
On a flight earlier this week, a passenger found acceptable to barge into my Club suite (I had a the door slightly ajar) and ask "can you shut down the screen, the brightness is giving me trouble to relax and sleep?"

I asked to repeat as I was quite taken aback and thought I might have not understood correctly but no, he repeated the same request, with his hand almost ready to tweak my own screen. I said no, I am about to watch a movie. He left grumpy back his seat... 3 rows behind! Gosh, crazy.

My partner thought I should have called the crew and mention this, but I did not want a scene in the middle of the night and thankfully he never dared to come back for more. But it really makes me wonder how some people function in society. He was 3 rows behind there's no way it was that disturbing, also the screens are perfectly acceptable to use during a flight, he could have used the eyeshade provided in the amenity kit and close his suite door. Later on when going to the bathroom I saw he used neither of these.
When you passed his seat, you should have told him "please you realign your air vent and close the suite door. You're messing up the air flow in the cabin and it's giving me trouble to relax and sleep."
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:46 am

Earlier this morning I was out for a bike ride, got a bit tired and realised I had no food. I chanced upon a Waitrose that had just open, so I could pop in. I decided to treat myself with one of their 'free' coffees, only to realise I had no cup. As I stood there, thinking if I could use one of my bottles for the job, a middle-aged man barged past, told me "Coffees are for Waitrose members, y'know" and proceeded to get his coffee.

The connection to BA? He had a leather shoulder bag from which a Gold card dangled.

I didn't have any ready reply as I was a bit strung out, but I must admit I enjoyed cycling at 12mph in front of his Volvo as I leisurely ate my apple.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And everybody clapped and cheered!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And everybody clapped and cheered!
Please elaborate.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by 13901
Please elaborate.
Clapping is where a person beats the palms of their hands together in a percussive manner. Cheering is a loud vocalization suggesting approval.

Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Deckard
Clapping is where a person beats the palms of their hands together in a percussive manner. Cheering is a loud vocalization suggesting approval.

Clearly, you must be an engineer!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Programmer, but probably the same thing…
13901 and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.