Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight plan system down?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
BA212 - were done, cancelled.

Bags going to a domestic claim, no idea on immigration or when tomorrow we'll be going.
Sorry, I hope everything will be sorted fast.
Apparently on BA112 we escaped cancellation by 15/20 min. Flight plan has arrived just before running out of hours and crew is preparing for departure.
salut0, sammyg901 and tuonopepper like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm not sure what's going on in the Greenwich lounge but I just popped over to have a look at the bridge and there were about 20 people in the check-in area shouting at agents about rebookings and hotels.
becks1 and Sandy Hopper like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Dan72
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for kicking this thread off. It's been good to track what's happening elsewhere. I expect the 216 from IAD will be cancelled shortly too. Interesting you're getting your bags back, I assumed they'd try to hold onto them.
We were allowed to bypass immigration, big q for hotels so booked the nearest i could gor ad near to £200 as i could (i'm just under). Waiting for bags.

They were originally saying day flight tomorrow, however the maths on that dont add up, they since said tomorrow night now, same boarding passes etc.

Shambles, I hope Sky news and others get hold of this.......good luck to the rest of you....gping to ser if the Gold line have any ideas (if they're even.open).
Dan72, wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
I'm not sure what's going on in the Greenwich lounge but I just popped over to have a look at the bridge and there were about 20 people in the check-in area shouting at agents about rebookings and hotels.
While the fact that a mission critical piece of software had a huge failure is not acceptable for a major company, and despite the fact that they should have given people more updates even if just to reassure them that they were working on it and didn’t have any more detailed information, I do really feel sympathy for the customer-facing staff. Must have been a very hard time for them and not their fault. A customer service manager came out earlier when I was out there at the Greenwich check-in desks and was being very patient with the many exasperated questions he was getting.
flygirl68, wrp96, ibbitsc and 1 others like this.

Last edited by salut0; Dec 19, 2022 at 9:13 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Shambles, I hope Sky news and others get hold of this.......good luck to the rest of you....gping to ser if the Gold line have any ideas (if they're even.open).
Surprised it's not been picked up yet. Nothing on BA Twitter yet either, although people are asking.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
BA216 from Washington DC (IAD) just cancelled too.
wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:11 pm

Public service announcement: remember to record the time when the doors of your plane actually open once you arrive, because that’s the time by which the 261 regulation delay payment is calculated.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
BA112 still here. Flight plan arrived, crew prepared for departure, cockpit door was closed, ready to push out... and the power went out. Now it's back, after 10 min wait.
4h45m delay so far, and still a chance to go, apparently

Good luck to everyone still waiting to know about their flight and to those with the flight already cancelled
wrp96, ibbitsc, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Arguably if you have access to a lounge, even if it's now a 20+ min wait for things at least you have access to food, and maybe better drink depending on the class you're in.
And compared to the gate areas at JFK you’re sitting on a chair and not on the floor. When we went down to our gate close to the scheduled boarding time before returning to the lounge, there were lots of people sitting on the floor there. And not just because of this — the new joint AA/BA terminal doesn’t have enough seats for passengers at the gates (or at least at that gate).
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
We were allowed to bypass immigration, big q for hotels so booked the nearest i could gor ad near to £200 as i could (i'm just under). Waiting for bags.

They were originally saying day flight tomorrow, however the maths on that dont add up, they since said tomorrow night now, same boarding passes etc.

What's interesting is the app shows us rebooked on AA108, not tomorrow, but Wednesday.....
not a chance.....bags already coming off and Airport Hilton beckons, just in time for Gold Line to open.....
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:20 pm

I’m supposed to be on a Cityflyer service from EDI in three hours…no mention of a delay on mange my booking. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:20 pm

What's interesting is the app shows us rebooked on AA108, not tomorrow, but Wednesday.....
not a chance.....bags already coming off and Airport Hilton beckons, just in time for Gold Line to open.....
Yikes. Holiday flights must be very busy. I’m surprised there’s any spare capacity in the system this week.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA112 and the MCO and TPA flights now on flightradar... so looks like things starting to move. At BWI we've been told plans have been filed. Knowing my luck we'll be 2hr 59min 59 secs late arriving!
salut0 and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:26 pm

What's interesting is the app shows us rebooked on AA108, not tomorrow, but Wednesday.....not a chance.....bags already coming off and Airport Hilton beckons, just in time for Gold Line to open.....
Limited but some seats on Delta / Virgin / Jetblue tomorrow in all classes except PE. Hope you get something! looks like 222 from Nashville also cancelled and 124 from Bahrain delayed 24hrs. Surely be some disruption due to lack of aircraft in London at this rate
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
MCO and TPA to LGW now airborne. BA112 still seems attached to T7. No update at BWI.
If things are happening, it's very slow progress... .

Last edited by CKBA; Dec 19, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.