Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight plan system down?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Still nothing from BA, chased via DM and got a standard 'it's in the right queue' response.

I did however this morning get a response from VS on the Denied boarding claim, it makes BA look good. Now bare in mind the claim was raised after a CS case was raised with all the details and very clearly stated IDB, in both the CS case file and EC claim.

This is what they sent back, not only do they seem to think we travelled on the flight they chucked us off, they seem to think it travelled back in time......
Thank you for your EC Compensation Application Form. We have now reviewed your claim in relation to the following flight:
"Flight Number VS004
Scheduled Date of departure 20th December 2022.
Departure Airport New York JFK
Arrival Airport London Heathrow

We regret to advise that we have declined your claim on the grounds that you arrived at your destination within 3 hours of your scheduled arrival time and therefore are not eligible for EC Compensation.

Your original scheduled arrival time into London Heathrow was 06:30 on 20th of December and your actual arrival time was 06:16 on 20th of December. It reached before 14 Minutes.

We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the disruption to your flight and any disappointment this decision brings."

I shall ask them which other routes they have that can also do time travel.....as well as a few other choice words.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Okay... 8 weeks is up and no sign of any compo. Looks like it's the CEDR route now... .
salut0 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by CKBA
Okay... 8 weeks is up and no sign of any compo. Looks like it's the CEDR route now... .
I’m not quite at 8 weeks but have been getting stupid apology emails every week or so, like this:

We apologise you’re still waiting for a response and we’re fully aware of how long it’s been since you contacted us.

We fully appreciate you’ve been waiting a long time for a response to your concerns and we don’t underestimate how you must feel.

Our Customer Relations team is working extremely hard to respond to you as soon as possible, however, we know this isn’t what you expect from us.

Thank you again for your continued patience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

British Airways
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:27 pm

Checked my bank account today and found two of the three UK261 compensation payments of GBP520 for our cancelled BA172 on Dec 19th had been deposited a few days ago, along with all the expenses we’d claimed.

Turns out BA sent an email (which somehow I missed!) on Feb 17th promising to deposit the money within “28 business days”. Payment hit account on March 3rd.

I’ve sent them a response to the other customer service ticket I had originally opened with my own claim, since it was a separate PNR. I’ll let you know when I hear back!

Good luck to all others seeking their comp here!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Good to know, still waiting here. Will give them to end of month then CEDR them.
salut0 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I gave BA a ring a couple of weeks ago: the agent I spoke to said that they would deal with it the following day 'when they were in the office' - sure enough, email the following day saying that it had been approved, and the $$ appeared in my account a couple of days ago.
salut0 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I am still waiting for my invol downgrade and original routing credit (ORC).
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

So my well documented nightmare of a trip that led to this thread has finally had all the BA EC claims worked through.

2 were fairly simple, cancelled day flight from BOS/LHR 3 days before departure - no arguement just took 90 days to work through the system. No arguement on the overnight cancellation on the night the flight planning system went down, also all expenses paid - again just took the 90+ days.

3rd aspect went to CEDR - MAN to LHR flight was delayed due to faulty baggage loading equipment, leading to missed connection and arrival into AUS so 6 hours late. BA tried to blame MAN airport for some reason, I took it to CEDR and today (flight was Dec 12th) was offered £520 by BA.

You'll maybe recall the VS denied boarding debacle, well VS and BA kept blaming each other, I lodged it with ADR (VS) as feel VS are more culpable. ADR think there's a case and that is pending airline response by Aug 6th so still that one is still pending.....

I was on a work trip but my daughter paid for a ticket to come along, her PE ticket cost £900 and she's had £1560 EC comp out of BA........
​​​​

​​​
jerry a. laska, salut0 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
So my well documented nightmare of a trip that led to this thread has finally had all the BA EC claims worked through.
…..

I was on a work trip but my daughter paid for a ticket to come along, her PE ticket cost £900 and she's had £1560 EC comp out of BA........
​​​​​​
Congratulations and delighted to hear that your daughter made a net profit on her compensation (not taking into account the time and hassle of course which you presumably expended pushing for the resolution you got here).
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

All I can say is if you believe you have a genuine claim, don't give up and stick at it. The process is slow but does seem to work.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.