Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Self upgrader soon get their marching orders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Self upgrader soon get their marching orders

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I was on a very full flight from LHR to Rome, about a week and a half ago. I was sitting in row 4, and CE went back 8 rows. During the drinks service, I watched the FA quietly talk to a young Italian guy in row two. She elegantly grabbed his gin and tonic, and put it in her cart. He then walked back to his row at the very back of the plane. I was very impressed that she took his drink back! And yes, she was using the flight manifest.
LETTERBOY and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:53 am

I've seen this happen a few times, most recently a couple who moved up into empty seats in CE (there was no curtain for some reason). I went and informed the cabin crew who moved them back straight away.

When the plane landed, the same two people grabbed their bags while the plane was still moving and moved up to the same seats to try and force their way off the plane first and refused to move. Apparently they needed to make some sort of connection. The crew blocked them into the seats to allow others to get off the plane first. Funny then that I saw them going through passport control.
LETTERBOY and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Going through passport control isn't inconsistent with catching a connection, could be a self connect to a different terminal or even out to go in via the gold wing.
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 5:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Thats entirely possible

I saw somebody have this situation and laughed at them with the joke "you should get your eyes tested, mate". Saw them a few weeks later at MAN wearing glasses - turns out they had a slight sight issue
You should charge for offering thaht kind of lifestyle coaching and advice.

This thread makes me wonder whether the declining social fabric, bad influence of shity influencers and a growing feeling that society has done us wrong might mean that we'll see a lot more of this in the future. I guess if we do it won't be too hard for airlines to put a stop to it. This morning the priority boarding queue was about 60% people without priority (clearly not all because they were unable to count to group 3).
Wembleygal, T8191, becks1 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.