Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collecting Avios with Uber

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
My account has been linked from the start and has remained linked ever since (I even checked this morning) and haven't received anything...
Just been credited finally.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 4:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you haven't got them, you will probably find that your BA and Uber accounts are no longer linked. Mine were mysteriously unlinked between 30th December and 2nd January (I got points for a ride on 29th, didn't on 3rd January) and this seems to have disqualified me.
I re-linked my account yesterday, and then got the 250 bonus points.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
3 of 3 family accounts have now received the bonus. Hopefully all those who suffered the mysterious unlinking will receive the bonus.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
My bonus arrived this afternoon (after checking HfP this morning it hadn't arrived then, however my accounts were still linked.)

I used Uber for some basic rail tickets and the Avios credited the same day. Glad to see Uber don't add booking fees or payment charges like the Trainline (just don't use the Trainline!). However I often have routes where using the "VIA" option results in a significantly cheaper fare, and the Uber interface (powered by Omio) doesn't offer that option.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:53 pm

Young rapidex got his 250 bonus today.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I re-linked my account yesterday, and then got the 250 bonus points.
Just got this also...

Hi DYKWIA,

We apologise for the technical issue that resulted in your Uber and British Airways Executive Club accounts being unlinked.

As a result, we’re giving you 200 bonus Avios, which are already on the way. Plus, we'll make sure you get all the Avios you missed during the time your account wasn’t linked.

Remember, for every £1 you spend on Uber rides, you’ll collect 1 Avios. This includes regular rides and when you book coaches, trains, or the Eurostar through our app.

Get dropped off where you need to be and get a little closer to your next dream destination with British Airways.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:27 am

I haven't got Avíos for any of my Uber rides in February, accounts are still linked. Sent a message to Uber and reply seemed so familiar. Do Uber and BA share the customer service centre?
We're sorry to hear you are having difficulty with collecting your Avios points. We are sorry to hear about this. We understand where you're coming from and this is not the experience we want you to expect.We have escalated this concern to the relevant team who will look into this further. You should receive your Avios points within 5 days.We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback as your feedback is important to us.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have not had any for weeks now and just assumed the promo had ended. It is so hard to talk to Uber in the app I am impressed you got a reply,
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:46 am

My 200 bonus points for the unlinking of accounts never arrived. But I have been getting my regular 4 or 5 points per Uber ride
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I got avios last week after an Uber ride in the UK so it’s definitely not ended.

Now what to spend my 11 avios on? 🤔😀
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Markie
I have not had any for weeks now and just assumed the promo had ended. It is so hard to talk to Uber in the app I am impressed you got a reply,
I didn't chat, just filled out the form. And it was about 2.30 am UK time, if that helps
Old May 16, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone had a delay in Avios positng recently?

Up until April, my Avios from Uber posted very quick (next day usually from memory).

However, I am out in the UAE and my Avios seems to be taking a while to post. Multiple trips not posted.

Anyone have any insight? Do you get Avios on Uber out here?
Old May 16, 2023, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flieduk
Has anyone had a delay in Avios positng recently?

Up until April, my Avios from Uber posted very quick (next day usually from memory).

However, I am out in the UAE and my Avios seems to be taking a while to post. Multiple trips not posted.

Anyone have any insight? Do you get Avios on Uber out here?
you only get avios for Uber trips in the UK.
blurt91 likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
you only get avios for Uber trips in the UK.
Thanks. I should haVe read the small print more fully, not that it would have changed my mode of transport at all.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 7:54 am

hi ... any luck with this ? (i have the same issue)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.