Collecting Avios with Uber

Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
A slight shame (for me!) that it doesn’t seem to include Uber Eats as I arguably use that more than the rides.

OT, but where can you book an Uber train or coach?
Within the Uber app there is a 'Travel' tab. You may need to update to the latest version if you don't currently see it.
VictorSierra likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
A slight shame (for me!) that it doesn’t seem to include Uber Eats as I arguably use that more than the rides.

OT, but where can you book an Uber train or coach?
Switch to Just Eat and get points for every order on ba shopping could be an option?

I assume you’ve had our 300 points for one Uber eats order on there too
VictorSierra likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Seems to be live now.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Seems to be live now.
App is fully updated. Still can't see where to link accounts
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:12 pm

Hi go to account in the uber app and then to settings, scroll down and there is a section for rewards

You will then need to put in your Ba executive account and password and then it will ask you to confirm to link accounts
RockyRobin likes this.

Last edited by Dreaming of WT+; Nov 14, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I have an option to link Aeroplan. Not terrifically useful.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
The option was there for me, entered details and… it said it hadn’t worked. Only for me to click back into it and be told it had worked. So definitely BA IT in the background which is reassuring.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Working for me. Annoyingly missed the first trip I’d made in two years yesterday.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:24 pm

No one is going to be making Tesco 2000-2008 balances out of this. But will be a useful way of keeping Avios balances alive without ever thinking about it.
Dreaming of WT+ likes this.

Last edited by knifeandfork; Nov 14, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dreaming of WT+
Hi go to account in the uber app and then to settings, scroll down and there is a section for rewards

You will then need to put in your Ba executive account and password and then it will ask you to confirm to link accounts
Odd. I don't have the rewards section. Uninstalled app and reinstalled app, same thing.

Logged in via a browser on may laptop and also no rewards section, starting to wonder whether its being pushed by eligible profile - and whether the fact I virtually only use the app in the US is resulting in me being filtered out.

Last edited by BillyBleach; Nov 14, 2022 at 5:46 pm
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:26 am

In Settings, under Rewards, I can only see Aeroplan; not British Airways Executive Club.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Has anyone had any luck registering a non-UK BAEC account? I just get a message saying there was a problem, please try again. I have UK Uber account but my BAEC is registered in Ireland. This would be a decent offer for me, if I can make it work, as I travel by Uber from Heathrow to the City and back once a week.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Yes I managed it just now- very easy, go into settings, select BA Exec Club account icon and then press two or three buttons.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I get the dreaded 'Something went wrong' as soon as I try to log in to my BA account via Uber - which is exactly what shuts me off the Qatar Avios link-up too. No idea who to raise this with...
Old Nov 15, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
App is up to date and no sign of BA link under settings. Have signed out and back in again. Any chance that is is an Apple v Android issue? I'm on an iPhone...or is there some other parameters that may be affecting this, like how often you use Uber...I would only use a few times a year, so I am never going to earn a F trip to the US out of this!😂 😂 😂
Markie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.