Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA891 Sofia to LHR cancelled HELP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
For those flying this morning, you'll need to queue at the desk to get a BP with TODAYS date on, opposed to one in the App which has yesterday's date.

Security turning people away.
Interesting, we had no issue at security. Just explained our flight was delayed to today, he shrugged and let us pass.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Instead of leaving at our first told departure 8am we left at 2pm. After everything we experienced landed on the furthest away stand, no bus for 10 minutes and then a fifteen minute bus ride to immigration. Glad it’s all over . Two crew were off before anyone as they had connecting flights leaving people who were connecting to USA behind them. Glad it’s all over. BA contracted in Sofia absolutely useless
jorg71 and 86BA7 like this.

Last edited by Trappy; Nov 7, 2022 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Trappy
Instead of leaving at our first told departure 8am we left at 2pm. After everything we experienced landed on the furthest away stand, no bus for 10 minutes and then a fifteen minute bus ride to immigration. Glad it’s all over . Two crew were off before anyone as they had connecting flights leaving people who were connecting to USA behind them. Glad it’s all over. BA contracted in Sofia absolutely useless
All i can say is ‘sorry’. I often think it doesn’t have to be so difficult. People tend not to mind being delayed, what they don’t like is being messed about with and herded around.

For what it’s worth, I agreed with your thoughts last night - why make everyone get up at crack of dawn when BA presumably knew it was (being generous) unlikely the time would come forward? All I know is a lot of airlines operate in this way; it’s maddening, and is done for their convenience, not the customer’s!
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
One crucial thing you're not saying, is that BA did notify passengers that the plane wasn't leaving at 8am.

They sent App updates, and an email, at around 10:30pm last night (local time). My 70 year old Father managed to fudge his way through this trip, his first ever b2b, and even got BA to sort out his connecting flights (which were on a separate ticket).

Sure, the update stated a 12:30pm departure, and you actually left at 2pm, but all things considered at least they did provide an update.

M
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
TBF the guy leading the crew in Club was technically on holiday today and still managed the flight. Yes, he and his colleague were off first, personally I didn't have an issue with this as they had really tight connections to make too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.