Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best (and worst) lounge your Silver card gets you in.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best (and worst) lounge your Silver card gets you in.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:57 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
For me the best have been the T3 Cathay and Qantas lounges at Heathrow and the Chicago Flagship lounge which was, in my opinion, superior to the BA GF lounges.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC
I was in the SVQ (Seville) lounge recently...not great by any means
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA

The Club at LAS gets a dishonourable mention for resembling a GP surgery waiting room.
Seconded. Terrible place.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
LHR T3 CX lounge is probably top of my list

I personally also like FCO; it's a nice space which again has a fairly stress-free "feel" to it. Food isn't fabulous but the bar's serviceable. Also LGW BA lounge to be honest - it just feels much more relaxed than LHR.

Many of the eastern european 3rd party lounges (OTP, SOF, ZAG) are not fab - Zagreb is the only lounge I've noticed free-pour Jagermeister at to go with the clingfilm-covered rolls, which doesn't feel overly "business" to me but maybe I'm just getting old. And the LAS lounge is pretty terrible too.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by camdentown
There's no lounge at all currently at Stuttgart!
"It was better than nothing" is perhaps the warmest description anyone could throw at it (not as warm as the beer though)

And yet it had a quaint 90s charm!

My next trip to Stuttgart is one way, I'm getting the train home to St Pancras via Paris. Mostly coincidentally!
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:45 pm

Far to many for best, worst ever though will have to be RAK, I walked in and then out 🤮
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Currently sat in the Flagship Lounge at MIA and the Ropa Vieja on the buffet will have me rolling out of here.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Was just in the new VIE lounge this week and was pleasantly surprised.

Agree on the various CX lounges and AA Flagships (DFW, LAX and MIA preferably, JFK is too crowded) as being the best in their respective areas.

Ill add the new BA lounge at JNB to this list which must be the best branded outstation lounge for Silvers. Perhaps the new JFK T8 lounge will take this spot soon.

By far the worst lounge Ive been in this year is ARN T5. Overcrowded, discarded crockery and utensils everywhere and the toilets were filthy. I now use the lobby of the Clarion hotel instead.

The Club at LAS gets a dishonourable mention for resembling a GP surgery waiting room.
Will be in Vienna next week - is that the Sky Lounge you are referring to ?

If so did you notice if it has a "Smoking Salon" within it's confines ?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Best: CX T3, HEL (love the shower system!) and the JAL Sakura in BKK was pretty decent

Worst: Whatever the hell BA is calling/contracted for a 'lounge' in ARN, stuck behind that awful O'Learys. Then again its been about 3 years since Ive been through there, perhaps its changed as BA is now going out of T5 and not T2? Then again, lounges in Arlanda are pretty sparse anyway. EDIT: I saw SteveZAs response above. Good tip, though we may instead head to Sky City and wait it out at the Maccie Ds during our few hours of layover.

(Also, concur about RAK - it was like sitting in a Burger King but without any food available!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.