Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best (and worst) lounge your Silver card gets you in.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best (and worst) lounge your Silver card gets you in.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I would agree about the CX lounges in HKG.

However, the top of the pile has to be the Malaysian lounges in KL. As good as CX, but not so busy!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I would agree about the CX lounges in HKG.

However, the top of the pile has to be the Malaysian lounges in KL. As good as CX, but not so busy!
I really have to go via KL to Australia sometime. I'd like to give these a go!
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Not bad nessecarily but found VIE a bit meh all told.
Definitely a case of YMMV. I was in the VIE lounge a couple of weeks ago and thought the food was very decent and there was also a good wine selection including a couple of Austrian reds. I left thinking it was way better than my last few BA lounge experiences.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Definitely a case of YMMV. I was in the VIE lounge a couple of weeks ago and thought the food was very decent and there was also a good wine selection including a couple of Austrian reds. I left thinking it was way better than my last few BA lounge experiences.
On the flip side was in the HAM lounge on Sunday and quite liked it, I appreciate from comments here that can be a bit marmite. Good to watch over the terminal, the Flensburg pilsner flowed and as a tabber there was a smoking room.
Captain Schmidt likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
AMS in its revamped form was my favourite Europe location for a long time. Staff were absolutely excellent and remembered the regulars. When flights were late or cancelled they would even work overtime and keep the lounge open so that we had somewhere to shelter until either another plane was sent over for us all they had worked out what to do with us overnight. Worst lounges goodness, there are so many I think perhaps Amsterdam at the moment, in contrast, since it is completely dire.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
While relaxing with a decent class of champagne here in the AY lounge at Vantaa (HEL it is not) I was simply wondering which is the best lounge on the planet a mere Silver card and an economy OW ticket grants access to a thirsty traveller.

Id put this right up there with the CX lounge at LHR T3. But I will confirm after sampling their champagne next week. 😀

Nominations for truly awful lounges equally accepted.

The old landside lounge at TXL must certainly qualify for the worse lounge experience.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
GVA is quite nice post refresh.

AMS is truly abysmal these days. I saw two mice there during my visit two weeks back
SxMan and rt23456p like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:24 pm

[QUOTE=wutlol;34725551AMS is truly abysmal these days. I saw two mice there during my visit two weeks back…[/QUOTE]

Little mice with clogs on?
abraxias, wyddfa, kath2049 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Was just in the new VIE lounge this week and was pleasantly surprised.

Agree on the various CX lounges and AA Flagships (DFW, LAX and MIA preferably, JFK is too crowded) as being the best in their respective areas.

Ill add the new BA lounge at JNB to this list which must be the best branded outstation lounge for Silvers. Perhaps the new JFK T8 lounge will take this spot soon.

By far the worst lounge Ive been in this year is ARN T5. Overcrowded, discarded crockery and utensils everywhere and the toilets were filthy. I now use the lobby of the Clarion hotel instead.

The Club at LAS gets a dishonourable mention for resembling a GP surgery waiting room.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by miandrew
... a barista making Starbucks drinks to order.
A bit confused. Is this supposed to be "best" or "worst" statement?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver
Best in my experience, at least so far, are the AA flagship lounges at ORD and LAX, and the JAL First lounge at NRT. LHR T5 South and North are pretty awful at peak times, but LHR T5B is always lovely and quiet. Probably will go there on my next trip from LHR to LAX at the beginning of December, since I think 380's generally only depart from T5C...
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
The BA lounge at T5 in ORD is a windowless dreary nightmare compared to the wonderful AA Flagship just a terminal away. BA's lounge in PHL is miles better than the Admirals Club however, they used to do a Philly cheese steak that was better than anything you could buy in the terminal. Whatever lounge BA contracted to in JNB was terrible when I was there, and I was surprisingly disappointed at the international lounges in NRT, I was flying AA and stopped at JL, AA (rip) and CX and I assume they limited their selection when their own passengers weren't flying.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Agree. CX & Qantas at T3 at LHR easily the best. BA T5B isn't too bad and often quiet. In Europe the IB lounge in T4S I enjoy as I love a Fino Sherry or 2!

The worst...... well BLQ I agree is pathetic. Pizza completely soulless ( Hello we are in Italy ! ) and drinks poor. LIS ain't great either which is surprising as TAP now gets my business now as I like their A321 Long Range planes on the London - Lisbon route. WAW could do with a kick in the a@$ too!
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
I echo everyone who said CX Pier at HKG. Also a big fan of the QF lounge in HKG and SIN, but I think the HKG lounge is permanently closed.
Loved the QF lounge at HKG as away from the busyness of CX pier lounges

My favourite transit spot in former times
trolleymusic likes this.

Last edited by allturnleft; Nov 2, 2022 at 5:18 am
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
I feel inexplicably sad that the pre-Terraces "Executive Club Lounge" in Stuttgart has closed. The lounge so bad BA took their name off it!
There's no lounge at all currently at Stuttgart!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.