Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Click here to jump to the December menu. This may take a few seconds to refresh.
28 October / November menu is post 1.
Print Wikipost

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Gallus1
The point I’m trying to make is WHY are a meagrely amount of welcome drinks being loaded when it seems to be acknowledged there’s not enough to go round. Stating how few bottles are in fact loaded and the legislation around licensing laws doesn’t answer the question. If you pay for a product/experience, surely you can ask why it’s not received?
This is BA, let’s take a wild guess💰
bafan and DelTroon like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Gallus1
The point I’m trying to make is WHY are a meagrely amount of welcome drinks being loaded when it seems to be acknowledged there’s not enough to go round. Stating how few bottles are in fact loaded and the legislation around licensing laws doesn’t answer the question. If you pay for a product/experience, surely you can ask why it’s not received?
I do get your point that you should get what is offered and advertised when buying the ticket.

I would assume what happened to you, is quite limited.

Maybe COVID and subsequent cost cutting has had impact on the amount loaded, I have no idea.

However I do agree with the other posters above, that the load is based on averages etc..

Think of it like overselling seats, BA have made very good assumptions for years on how many customers will no show, so the same goes for PDB they may load.

Sometimes their calculations are wrong.

For example you buy a biz ticket and get downgraded.

In terms of quanity given as a PDB, I've seen no difference in the last few years (excluded COVID) .......

edit to add
But this thread is really about the reintroduction of service since COVID. Champagne and any pdb was always quite limited really.

Our take on the reintroduction of the service we have experienced is very positive. Yes its noticeable at this early stage, that BA have lost some good experienced crew.

So work in progress I think.
hydro001 likes this.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Nov 20, 2022 at 4:27 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So live from tonight’s BA274 from LAS to LHR here’s the menu:

In other news, we got a decent pour of champagne - as evidenced by the glass in the photo.

The good news is that the full English breakfast seems to have been reinstated. That was a bit of a gripe on previous flights where the second meal on eastbound flights was actually based on the arrival time in LHR rather than on one’s west coast body clock!

I’m probably only going to have the tuna and cheese for dinner as I ate at home and had a wonderful beer-tumbled pork chop from our local butcher for dinner!

EDIT:

So we’ve had our full dinner orders taken before pushback. Because we’re late and it’s after 9.30 pm the crew are doing a “Goodnight service” with everything on one tray (if requested) in order to maximise sleep.

We were also asked if we would like to be woken for breakfast. Breakfast orders weren’t taken, however.

Last edited by Geordie405; Nov 20, 2022 at 10:34 pm
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:53 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Geordie405
So live from tonight’s BA274 from LAS to LHR here’s the menu:

In other news, we got a decent pour of champagne - as evidenced by the glass in the photo.

The good news is that the full English breakfast seems to have been reinstated. That was a bit of a gripe on previous flights where the second meal on eastbound flights was actually based on the arrival time in LHR rather than on one’s west coast body clock!

I’m probably only going to have the tuna and cheese for dinner as I ate at home and had a wonderful beer-tumbled pork chop from our local butcher for dinner!

EDIT:

So we’ve had our full dinner orders taken before pushback. Because we’re late and it’s after 9.30 pm the crew are doing a “Goodnight service” with everything on one tray (if requested) in order to maximise sleep.

We were also asked if we would like to be woken for breakfast. Breakfast orders weren’t taken, however.
Same as what i was offered on this route last week. Had the Burrata and Salmon, which was ok - not amazing, but always the way heading east.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hydro001

Usually 3-4 bottles in US are allocated for pre departure service. However, if for any reason they do not have the stock from the duty paid allocation, then they load less or none.
Does this rule just apply for US bound departures or UK too? Bubbles ran out on our LGW-CUN flight in September, even though we were offered a top up pre-departure. think this was mainly due to a lush in 4A who drank the bubbles bar dry whilst making their way around the cabin ‘befriending’ various people and generally getting in the way. Could be just because it’s a long flight too.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Does this rule just apply for US bound departures or UK too? Bubbles ran out on our LGW-CUN flight in September, even though we were offered a top up pre-departure. think this was mainly due to a lush in 4A who drank the bubbles bar dry whilst making their way around the cabin ‘befriending’ various people and generally getting in the way. Could be just because it’s a long flight too.
The Champagne served in flight are from the bars themselves and should be plentiful on most flights/ occasions. Though sometimes if demand is high then it may run out. Or if the bars are return catered and crew need to preserve stock for return flight.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
So having made it to LHR (with the usual delay getting the jetbridge attached due to a last minute change of gate) we’re now waiting for our delayed flight up to NCL.

The service on the flight over from LAS was pretty good, if you were on the starboard side of the plane. I had two excellent cabin crew looking after me, whereas my wife, yet again, seemed to draw the short straw. To their credit the cabin crew looking after me also kept my wife well topped up with wine, took care of her breakfast order, cups of tea etc. That said, my wife was served her dinner first (ahead of anyone else in the cabin) whereas I was served in strict row order. So we ended up eating separately, yet again.

In terms of the dinner service we both had just the starter and cheese. The tuna was pretty good, as was the soup (which was also nice and hot). My cheese came with two oatcake type of crackers. My wife’s came without. I didn’t time the service but it seemed a lot sharper than our flight on day one of the new service.

Breakfast was dire. I had the full English which was terrible. It was sent back. My wife had the French toast which was “weird” to quote her.

My wife’s soup and cheese, sans crackers!

Seared ahi tuna - surprisingly good.

French toast, allegedly.

The full English. The egg was so rubbery it would have bounced!

Another 7/10 for the service overall and the dinner options. Probably only 2/10 for breakfast.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:36 am

BA60 MLE LHR

Bocconcini cheese

Side salad very similar to Bocconcini salad

Green pea soup. Very delicious, hot, according to my other half

Herb beef tenderloin, perfectly cooked veg and potato Lyonnaise

Again delicious, hubby said. Nice thick slice of tuna.

Very morish!

Braised beef. Best potato gratin I’ve had on BA.

Dulce de leche cheesecake.

Fantastic crew. Perfectly cooked vegetables. Just look at that colour!
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Someone is going to get in trouble for letting them put smoked salmon on the menu.
firstlight likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:48 pm
Ziz

Menu on BA98 (YYZ-LHR). Planning to go straight to sleep so likely won’t eat anything to take pictures of. Nothing particularly inspiring anyway. Do find it interesting that the express option is now starter OR dessert.

Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Wasn’t impressed on the way back from CPT this last weekend. The beef had a strange consistency and was barely edible. My dessert was the smallest portion of fruit I’ve ever seen, I can’t believe someone served it with a straight face. The service was also lacklustre and it took them almost three hours to serve dinner. After this, the front galley was also noisy for a long time.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Catering from South Africa has always poor, very strange.
Swanhunter and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:33 am
Ziz

As it happens, I did decide to have the mushroom soup and it was very good, although nary a trace of truffle flavour that I could taste. A standard soup from the chilled section of the supermarket. Nonetheless, it was the right temperature and served very quickly so I was able to have a little something then go straight to sleep. Strangely, I found the Club Suites less comfortable to sleep than the old CW. I've travelled Club Suites before, but only on a day flight so I was surprised.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:30 am

Back from Mexico

Anybody got the menu MEX-LHR for next week? I'm connecting from GDL and debating whether I need to eat at the (pretty awful) restaurants in the airport or can speed eat when I get on the plane!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
LHR to PHX

Did anyone fly LHR to the West coast (at least my guess is that PHX is grouped together with LAX etc) and took a pic of the menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.