Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Click here to jump to the December menu. This may take a few seconds to refresh.
28 October / November menu is post 1.
Print Wikipost

Club World dining - restoration of full menu - 28 October 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
BA183 LHR - JFK

These menus were given out initially, the flight leaves at 1945

The correct menu

The roast beef starter, which was a somewhat random collection of ingredients

The roast beef main, which has a potato gratin rather that the usual parsley potatoes

The chocolate pud

I would love to comment on the second meal but the crew didn’t bring it out…

I was grateful for a lighter touch with the heating than is often the case with BA crews.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What was the reason for not serving the second meal?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Can I help you
What was the reason for not serving the second meal?
None given, they just didn’t do the service and it wasn’t mentioned, perhaps because it was 2am UK time by then.

If I had asked for it I am sure they would have brought it but I wasn’t particularly hungry anyway. It just seemed odd that they apparently left it to be on request.
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I very much doubt they didn’t do this service, could you have been resting your eyes? At that time of night with most people resting I think the lights wouldn’t have been switch on and those awake asked if they wanted it?
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:37 pm

Possibly, I did sleep for a bit during the flight but I was awake at the usual time the second meal is served, 90 mins before landing? And I didn’t see anyone tucking in to their second meal from then on. I mean they could have quickly banged it out halfway through the flight and I would have missed it but that would be a strange timing, perhaps they brought it forward due to the late timings of the flight?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was on the 175 to JFK on Tuesday. I think everyone’s seen the menu and food pics so no need to repost that again. I had the cod which I thought was ok. Service was friendly, quick and efficient. I was in 5A so nice to get served first. Here are the timings which I think were pretty good for a day flight.

10:35 takeoff

10:45 hot towel

10:57 nuts and drink

11.35 starters delivered

11:58 main delivered

12:16 dessert delivered

12:25 tray cleared while I was brushing my teeth

One small note: I know I’m in the minority but I don’t drink alcohol and I thought that this new menu rollout would have been a great opportunity to change up the mocktail choices. I think I’ve had about enough bloody Fizzberries!!!
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by choosethedrew

The roast beef main, which has a potato gratin rather that the usual parsley potatoes

T
I must say the gratin looks like an improvement!
Sealink and bafan like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I very much doubt they didn’t do this service, could you have been resting your eyes? At that time of night with most people resting I think the lights wouldn’t have been switch on and those awake asked if they wanted it?
I must admit, when I flew back from AUS last week the breakfast service was very low key to the point they only served about 3 or 4 people. I was up at breakfast so crew asked me I wanted anything, but nearly everyone else was asleep. I only saw them deliver trays to about 2 or 3 others out of about 20 in J.

They did serve coffee and teas to people who woke within 40 minutes of landing.

They didn't ask the night before if we wanted to be woken for breakfast either. They just seemed to serve anyone awake and leave people to sleep.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles
I must admit, when I flew back from AUS last week the breakfast service was very low key to the point they only served about 3 or 4 people. I was up at breakfast so crew asked me I wanted anything, but nearly everyone else was asleep. I only saw them deliver trays to about 2 or 3 others out of about 20 in J.

They did serve coffee and teas to people who woke within 40 minutes of landing.

They didn't ask the night before if we wanted to be woken for breakfast either. They just seemed to serve anyone awake and leave people to sleep.
If they started the second service earlier then I could have slept through it, true, but that’s not standard practice to do it more than 90 mins from landing as far as I am aware?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold
Flying BA268 LAX-LHR next week in CW. does BA offer passengers the opportunity to pre-select meals? I went to manage my booking, but only saw options for special dietary meals... thanks for the insight!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by markiedawg
Flying BA268 LAX-LHR next week in CW. does BA offer passengers the opportunity to pre-select meals? I went to manage my booking, but only saw options for special dietary meals... thanks for the insight!
No, long haul meal pre-selection has not yet been restored.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:04 am

Does JFK still have better menu than other Club routes across the Atlantic? Flying to YYZ next week wondering if the menu will be the same!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SW7London
Does JFK still have better menu than other Club routes across the Atlantic? Flying to YYZ next week wondering if the menu will be the same!
No, it'll be identical to the JFK one which is the generic shorter duration transatlantic menu.
SW7London and orbitmic like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Schwann
No, it'll be identical to the JFK one which is the generic shorter duration transatlantic menu.
And also have a look at Post 1 where the flight numbers for that menu are listed, and it includes some YYZs. I think the only difference would be in respect of the second meal / afternoon tea and flight timings.
SW7London likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:38 am

Wait, there is the unpublished benefit of potato dauphinoise vs. boiled potatoes
SW7London and AnaTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.