Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy Multi Partner Reward Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

Please accept my apologies if the answer to this is somewhere obvious, I only have access to my phone at the moment and searching hasnt thrown anything up.

I am looking at booking a multi partner reward and as I understand it (once again, please correct me if I am wrong), the ticket is priced based on the class of the longest sector. In the booking that I am planning, there is no Business class availability on the longest sector but there is Premium Economy, would this mean that the trip still price as a business class trip? The pricing chart only shows Economy and states that it is 2x for business etx.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:13 am

Ive never been able to find an official full set of specific rules, in my previous experience, the whole itinerary has been priced off the highest cabin, ie, even if just one sector is J and rest Y or one sector F and rest Y, the whole itinerary has been priced at either J or F pricing respectively in both examples.

Some get lucky and they get priced off the cabin of the longest sector but in the multiple times Ive used this, thats never worked for me. Trouble is lots of agents are inexperienced with this and additionally no specific publicly posted detail on the exact policy either which doesnt help our case as we have to go by what the agent says or try our luck with hang up and call again.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
It should price according to the longest sector, but good luck finding an agent who can put this together for you. Even with access to the GGL line it is something that requires a lot of patience.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Thanks both for getting back to me. I just noticed that ba.com states the following:

The Avios amount for reward flights in premium economy will be 1.5 times the Avios amount shown
Fingers crossed for my booking coming out at the Premium Economy price!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.