Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Website to show the actual BA aircraft that operated flights ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

There used to be a really easy website that showed which actual plane (specific) flew each route historically each day so that you could work out the chance of different products.

specifically I’m flying to Singapore next Friday and back on Tuesday and trying to work out the likelihood of club suite!

thank you!!!

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Oct 25, 2022 at 4:51 am Reason: Update thread title
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:37 pm

It was thebasource.com, but sadly is no longer maintained. You can however use sites like flightaware or flightradar24 to see the aircraft flown on particular flights and extrapolate from there.

p.s. Not a dumb question by any means, but a dumb thread title - always better to put a meaningful title instead!

p.p.s In any case by far the easiest way to check if you're likely to have Club Suites for your flights this week is simply to check the seat map in Manage My Bookings. If it's 1-2-1 config, it's scheduled to be a CS aircraft. If not, it's not.
mikeyfly, orbitmic and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
flightradar24.com contains some data - back a few days at least. Not sure if there's more if you subscribe.
eddy67 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage
flightradar24.com contains some data - back a few days at least. Not sure if there's more if you subscribe.
Yes, if you have a paid membership, more data would be accessible depending on your subscription package.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
BA15/16 has been a 787-9 recently so very unlikely to get club suites unfortunately.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BA15 on 28 October is a 787-9, so no Club Suite. BA16 on 1 November is a 77W with Club Suite.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, if you have a paid membership, more data would be accessible depending on your subscription package.
I have a gold membership which shows aircraft or flight history for a whole year.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Not a dumb question.

It's not a BA only site but it contains most of LHR and LGW info so you most likely find what you are looking for. And it goes back in decades.

London Heathrow & Gatwick Airports

As for Singapore its almost always B787. However on the 4/11/22 is scheduled as 77W with club suite. 28/10 is a 789 so old club seating.

On the way back 1/11/22 is a 77W and it is club suite. 08/11/22 has two flights BA16 is 77W with club suite but BA12 is 789. This can change, however I would not give a high chance unless aircrafts goes to tech, crew issues, etc

Last edited by Krisz; Oct 25, 2022 at 4:23 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
speedbird.online interrogates the LHR and LGW archives with an easier interface.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Another vote for speedbird.online here https://speedbird.online/airport.php...l&route=SINLHR
I believe the route is going back to a 77W for the winter around the end of the month. I can't rember the exact date it switches over but reckon the return on 1 Nov has a high likelihood of the Club Suite.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Flighty app shows these details. Paid subscription on iPhone
LBP2 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
There used to be a really easy website that showed which actual plane (specific) flew each route historically each day so that you could work out the chance of different products.

specifically Im flying to Singapore next Friday and back on Tuesday and trying to work out the likelihood of club suite!

Planemapper.com is a pretty good site - seems to be updated daily - entered BA15 and got this - no premium membership needed for content on screen.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by bigRW
specifically Im flying to Singapore next Friday and back on Tuesday and trying to work out the likelihood of club suite!
For checking recent history for a flight happening soon, FR24 data is probably the best :
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba15

Has the added bonus of showing the actual scheduled aircraft (which, of course, is subject to change) a couple of days in advance. You can also gauge the general route performance and timekeeping here too.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
Flighty app shows these details. Paid subscription on iPhone
+1 for Flighty app. I have tail numbers back to 2015 (just plane type for previous years back through 2007). There is a wealth of information on gate / taxi / takeoff / landing timings as well.

I have been trying it out over the last couple of weeks and it's excellent for live updates to upcoming flights, including scheduled aircraft.
It's also just been updated for iPhone Live Activities and Dynamic Island features, though I have not seen those in action yet.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.