Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is the BA Customer Service email address classified?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum

I just wanted to enquire why an accepted delay and hotel claim is taking more than 3 months, I just want to know I haven't been forgotten.
I wrote a very nice email to the address on the original claim to find it is 'unattended' and won't recieve mail.

Having just spent 15 minutes searching the BA site - am I right in concluding there is no customer service email address that is attended?
I can't find anything on my Gold page either.
Even the bloody chat bot didn't recognise my question and just wound me up further.

Is it a secret or am I missing something?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Did you process your claim through this route?

That normally works for most.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...service-portal

If the email that you received was unattended, id make a further claim , based on you waiting the months you have.
becks1 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You should be able to click on the link in the email acknowledging your claim. This will take you to a web form where you can add to your claim and chase - albeit this is unlikely to speed anything up due to the current backlog.
orbitmic and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Thank you both for the prompt answers.

Having written such a nice email I want to send it rather than start again with a form.
I've found Sean's email so maybe his PA will escalate or loose it for me!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
The very existence of the address is classified. Special Branch and Thames House are on their way to you now 😁.
KARFA, nancypants and Sparkyfletch like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch

...Having just spent 15 minutes searching the BA site - am I right in concluding there is no customer service email address that is attended?...
No, there is an email that GGLs can use instead of calling but you have to give lots of information including your exec no. to use it.
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
You can upload and attach documents to the website claim form. So you could send your nicely-written email explanation that way. Better yet, you can add attachments to an existing claim, which you apparently have. I believe it took weeks to get acknowledgement of my recent claim, with the claim number.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Almost all companies all those "no reply" emails. It doesn't mean that it is classified, just that it is an automated mailbox which is not manned. KARFA gave the right directions. You click and you can copy and paste (or if need be attach) the proper message you already wrote.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Essentially, there isn't one. The webform fills in the fields CR need to create a case in the database automatically, instead of someone having to parse a written email for necessary information that may or may not (and usually isn't) there.

It should be possible to update the case and upload additional documents afterwards.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
Thank you both for the prompt answers.

Having written such a nice email I want to send it rather than start again with a form.
I've found Sean's email so maybe his PA will escalate or loose it for me!
if you have already completed the webform before, do as KARFA suggests. there will be a link to reply.

if you never used the webform initially and/or dont have that link in your email response from BA, submit it again via the webform.

then they will reply with a link for you to click for updates etc as per KARFA post above.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Oct 14, 2022 at 12:49 pm Reason: corrected KARFAs name! sorry KARFA!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.