Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Silver booked Qantas flying on Qantas codeshare with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate forum. I'm a BA Silver member and flying to Sydney - all booked through Qantas - Qantas flights on the way out. However we are on a Qantas codeshare flight operated by Emirates on the return.

I've not been able to work out whether Emirates will honour the additional luggage allowance for BA Silver flying with Qantas (45kg rather than 30kg).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Thus from the OW website may help
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:37 am

Actually, the FAQ on the EK website has your answer
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the very prompt replies. The issue is that all Qantas flights show 45kg allowance when I check online while the Emirates one shows at 30kg.

It's as if the Emirates allowance doesn't take account of Oneworld alliance status which, from reading online, doesn't seem to be correct.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:19 am

The QF page does indeed suggest higher allowances
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I believe as you are not flying on a OneWorld airline on the return you won't get OneWorld perks. The agreement between Emirates and QF for QF FF isn't reciprocated for OneWorld afaik. You should get base Avios. Sorry.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:11 pm

You won't get any benefits, all the benefits listed on the Qantas website are for those who hold Qantas status only.

So expect the regular 30kg baggage allowance. As mentioned above you will earn avios but that is it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Delboy65
The QF page does indeed suggest higher allowances
you have to be conscious that this is Qantas stating the allowances for their own frequent fliers. This page states nothing regarding oneworld elites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.