Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sick of "Bread and Water" in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
As long as your beers passed through and ended up back in the toilet tank of an A320, you'd have returned your ill-gotten gains to BA property.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Subversive thinker.

What if you took a glass of champagne to the (now enhanced away) Elemis Spa from the CCR? Or step across to the F Lounge with a drink in hand? In front of the entry staff. Life sentence? Or just a light flogging?
On the basis that it is a criminal offence to take items onto a vehicle owned by the same company then it must be a crime to walk it across public areas of Terminal 5.

I guess.... 😂
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by davem4
When BOB came out, there were signs in lounge saying to take a drink / snack with you.
That sign gave me all the permission I needed. Such fond memories.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I confess - I did take a half-eaten pizza and a bottle of water from the FCO lounge on my FCO-LHR flight - glad it did since i) it was the only food that was accessible (apart from the 25g bag of crisps - they've shrunk!) for nearly 8 hours, and ii) no water was handed out on the flight (I realised on the train at T5 that I hadn't drunk anything for the last 6 hours!).
choosethedrew and GentleGiant like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Currently in the F Lounge at T5 after spending some time in the Lounge at JER - awaiting a flight up to Edinburgh .

Amazingly the Jersey Flight was on time and there was no one at Customs so I'm in a good mood.

Annoyingly the Ice Cream Tubs and their Freezer have disappeared since last week.

Not being followed so far unless they are undercover.

Will probably have one for the road or air as the case may be.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I cant speak for ET but as a CE traveller Im only taking an advance drink with me? Just speeding up the service.

I wouldnt be served a litre of scotch on the plane so that is different.

On the numbers front Im sure BA dont calculate their balance sheets on the location of consumption. X Customers and Y stock needed to service, as people have stated before some use zero supplies some use the average and some are outliers however they cant measure that so dont care.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Butts
Currently in the F Lounge at T5 after spending some time in the Lounge at JER - awaiting a flight up to Edinburgh .

Amazingly the Jersey Flight was on time and there was no one at Customs so I'm in a good mood.

Annoyingly the Ice Cream Tubs and their Freezer have disappeared since last week.

Not being followed so far unless they are undercover.

Will probably have one for the road or air as the case may be.
So after choring a can of Heineken for my expected encampment in 25A on my Edinburgh Flight, I was upgraded at the Gate all the way from the back of the plane to 1A at the front.

Having surreptitiously removed said contraband from my back pocket to my rucksack on the Air Bridge I found myself ensconced in CE.

I declined the meal on offer as I had dined in the Lounge and just ordered a Scotch, Coffee and Shortbread.

Much to the Stewards embarrassment they had not loaded any Whisky so he suggested champagne as a substitute.

He also gave me another one "to go" unopened to assuage my disappointment..

So I exited the service in Edinburgh with a can of Heineken and a Bottle of Champagne
EDIwanderer, markmac and Jpm81 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.