Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Time waiting for Iberia flight Avios/TP post to BAEC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:54 pm
PB2
Original Poster

Anyone have recent experience of time delay between flying on an IB flight number and the BA Avios/TP crediting to your BAEC account? I know there are many stories of having to claim manually for this but surely it works as it should some times? 😂 BAEC FF number and status was correctly printed on IB boarding pass.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some discussion of IB (and QR) posting is contained in these threads:
Missing Tier Points and Avios
Missing Tier Points - Who Can Help?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by PB2
Anyone have recent experience of time delay between flying on an IB flight number and the BA Avios/TP crediting to your BAEC account? I know there are many stories of having to claim manually for this but surely it works as it should some times? 😂 BAEC FF number and status was correctly printed on IB boarding pass.
Recently, IB has gone back to a regular pattern. IB operated flights between Saturday and Friday are posting the next Monday (i.e. after 9 days for Saturday flights, after 3 days for Friday flights). In case they are operated by another OW airline but marketed by IB, they are also posted on Monday, but one week later (i.e. between 16 and 10 days after the flight).
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:20 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
My experience over last couple of months is it's totally random regardless of any actions I may take. Some flights post, some flights on same PNR don't post, 2 flights on same day both IB metal posted 12 days apart. Also had flights posted with the wrong Tier points and Avios. I usually allow 14 days post flight on IB metal before commencing a manual claim or request for correction. Manual claim usually advises upto 6 weeks to process although usually seems to process within 7 to 10 days.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Recently, IB has gone back to a regular pattern. IB operated flights between Saturday and Friday are posting the next Monday (i.e. after 9 days for Saturday flights, after 3 days for Friday flights).
What about flights that run on Sundays? When should they post?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by salut0
What about flights that run on Sundays? When should they post?
Usually 8 days after, i.e. on Monday the week after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.