Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Tier Points and Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver
Missing Tier Points and Avios

Just back from a trip to Singapore. Not business this time so i flew flexible economy to maximize some tier points and save some money.

First time this has occurred, but it's been more than a week and a half since my outbound flight to LHR from ABZ and onward to Singapore. The return was over 3 days.

The only thing coming in to my mind is that the Outbound flight from ABZ-LHR was cancelled and reorganized for an earlier flight. This all showed up fine and showed the tier points and Avios i would get prior to departure/check in within manage my booking.

I usually wouldn't be too worried but my current status runs out in September and i think im going to be 10 Tier Points shy of the next status, which would let me go for a tier point run to achieve this.

I submitted a claim to BA but that could take up to 21 days....

I also have a trip to Denver from ABZ/LHR then a return from Calgary via Dallas on an AA to Dallas then BA from Dallas to LHR/ABZ. The tier points were showing but aren't now as the manage my booking has two entries for the ABZ to Denver flight.... *sighs* all that happens now with that booking is an error when i try to go into manage my booking.

Anyways... hope everyone is well and any guidance on the above is greatly appreciated. Just don't want to miss out on my free lounges
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:47 am

Send a PM on here to BAMissingAvios quoting your ticket number(s) and BAEC number, and they will see you right. For some reason I need to do this all the time with work travel booked via CWT. Not sure if it's one individual or many, but they are very helpful and I certainly really appreciate them!
boonkoh and abligh like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
(UPDATE: Hmm - have just done a tally of the lifetime Tier Points, and it looks as if those missing TPs have been taken into account, even though they're not showing on the statement. I wonder if that's because the posted date is just a few days past the end of the last TP collection year date - 8th July). Putting it down to a quirk of the system...

As an aside, what happens if you're awarded Avios, but not Tier Points? 😅

Looking at the two flights below, the BA Avios Flight Calculator tells me I'm due 35 Tier Points for each of those flights. The correct Avios has been awarded, though - which I understand to mean that my BAEC account has been linked correctly to my Qatar booking.

Any guesses? I've logged a claim for both flights using BA's usual web form, but I'm wondering if the fact that the Avios has been awarded (but TPs not) will affect how the claim is reviewed. Hmm...

Last edited by RandomStan; Jul 25, 2022 at 5:04 am
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Invalid ticket number

Keep getting "invalid ticket number" when trying to claim missing avios on a couple of BA flights ... is this a bug on their end or is there something I need to do to get it to work (ticket was reissued several times because of changes and I used the most recent ticket number)
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by djbenedict
Send a PM on here to BAMissingAvios quoting your ticket number(s) and BAEC number, and they will see you right. For some reason I need to do this all the time with work travel booked via CWT. Not sure if it's one individual or many, but they are very helpful and I certainly really appreciate them!
Is your BAEC number correct in the CWT interface? I’ve had 100% success in credits for BA metal flights booked that way.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
I have a related question regarding incorrect tier points posting, and avios. I flew AA in first/business domestic, flight was canceled, but the lounge agent was able to put me on another flight in coach. They moved to me #1 on the upgrade list, which cleared, and I did fly in first. However the flight tier points and avios are showing only credit for Y. I am missing 20 tier points. Do I fill out the form for missing avios, or is there another contact I should direct my question about the missing tier points?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
Keep getting "invalid ticket number" when trying to claim missing avios on a couple of BA flights ... is this a bug on their end or is there something I need to do to get it to work (ticket was reissued several times because of changes and I used the most recent ticket number)
I have this issue too
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Yes there is a bug in the system when trying via 125 ticket number.

GGL told me twice in last three weeks. Make a manual claim on BA.com. and upload relevant documents.

There is no time fix for the bug apparently, again GGL line said.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:38 am
Original Poster

I have been in contact with the BA Executive club since this post.

Initially told 48 hours, then told another 5 days.

Both have passed and Avios and Tier Points are still missing. I tried reaching out to the account on here that can help but i don't think my account allows private messages.

I wouldn't usually be too bothered about a delay. but my account year runs out end of this month and i can't for the life of me remember the tier point awards for my recent flights as it was through a travel company so i can't locate the relevant booking class.

Im either going to be 10 points shy after my next trip this week or 10 points clear... so i need to know whether to do a tier point run before month end.

If anyone can assist or point me in the right direction then let me know.

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
Originally Posted by Kieran1903

Both have passed and Avios and Tier Points are still missing. I tried reaching out to the account on here that can help but i don't think my account allows private messages.

Thanks
I believe you need a minimum of five posts before the direct messaging feature is unlocked.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
How long should a flight from LCY on Friday evening take to post to account?

I am on the cusp of Gold - should hit it midway through my next trip in the next 2 weeks but would be handy to post sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robertf999
I believe you need a minimum of five posts before the direct messaging feature is unlocked.
yeah i only see emails for directly quoted replies.

hopefully direct messaging opens soon.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by robertf999
Originally Posted by Kieran1903
yeah i only see emails for directly quoted replies.

hopefully direct messaging opens soon.
You have made 4 posts so far so if you reply to this post it should open up the ability to send a message to BAMissingAvios who I have tagged on this post . You will need to send them your BAEC details and details of the flights you've taken to see if they can sort out the missing TP.

As for the number of TP you have earned so far can you not just search your BAEC transactions for all flights taken in your current TP year and download to Excel?

I have a spreadsheet I maintain with my flight details including booking reference so I can go back and check if I am missing any Avios or TP.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Post number 5 replied then
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Got an update today from BA Executive club. They are saying their is a minor issue effecting thousands of accounts and they are aiming to have all backdated tier points sorted in 60 days of the request going through.

in the space of 9 days ive been told 48 hours, 7 days and now 60 days.

It was one of those conversations as well where you had no confidence in it even being resolved in 60 days as there was no information on the process or issues. everything was unexplainable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.