Missing Tier Points and Avios

Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:19 pm

BA missing Avios

I flew with Alaskan in April and May and my BA account wasnít updated with Avios and Tier points. Iíve tried sending the missing Avios claim form to BA but no response 3 months later. Has anyone any advice on how I get my missing miles and tier points credited?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum.

There are quite a few threads on this topic now, and in the other threads the routes which have worked include
- ringing BAEC and asking for them to be credited
- using Twitter by Follow and then Direct Message
- log a general purpose webform via ba.com/complaints - you need to select "an issue with Membership Benefits" to get to a webform.
- using the Chat facility which comes up after logging in and the going to ba.com/contact-us

There is also this email address, but accounts vary as to whether emails get processed or not:
send membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode to [email protected]

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 4, 2022 at 1:18 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:18 pm

Thanks for this. Iíve tried Twitter already. I think the only option is by phone which Iím not looking forward to as calls these days to BA can be 30 - 40 mins on hold until you get through.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: UR, MR, AA, DL, HH, IHG, Bonvoy
I have 200k missing avios from a failed/error transfer. Does anyone have a way to get this resolved? I've been calling every day, tweeting, emailing, etc. I keep getting told I need to wait 7 days. This has been going on since 7/22!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:41 pm

Iím having similar issues. Everything Iíve tried (Fax - can you believe it? , mail, twitter, email through BA.com) has no response. Iím resorting to a phone call and I suspect it will be a long wait to get through. Iíll keep you posted!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:34 pm

I hate to be all +1 but recent TLV -> LHR -> TLV still not added. Will try PMing, that's an interesting idea, didn't know that was an option. Yes, my 125- ticket gets an error on the site "Please check you have entered the correct ticket number.". Disgraceful.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:01 am

PM direct to BA

Has anyone tried a direct PM post to BA to get missing Avios posted? Does it work? Is ir easy to do?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ava133
Has anyone tried a direct PM post to BA to get missing Avios posted? Does it work? Is ir easy to do?
Post 17 works. There is an escalation process after you have done those steps. You do need to leave it a few weeks, it's not going to happen overnight.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 4, 2022 at 1:19 am
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:00 am

FWIW, I called BA last week for the outbound leg (23/7) and Twitter DMd them today about both legs (return 31/7), and just got an email saying the points have been added. Not sure if the DM helped. There you go, a single data point.
Ava133 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a bunch of Iberia flights from London to Madrid that haven't credited, usually those with a BA flight number but IB metal. I've added the details of all to the webform posted above ba.com/complaints. IB flight numbers usually credit no problem.

I'll update how long that takes to get resolved, although I do need to call BA about another issue soon so may also check on the status of that.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think BA codeshares on IB operated flights are notorious in not posting and requiring a manual claim unfortunately.
corporate-wage-slave and AJA_ like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by cmurphy2005
I have a bunch of Iberia flights from London to Madrid that haven't credited, usually those with a BA flight number but IB metal. I've added the details of all to the webform posted above ba.com/complaints. IB flight numbers usually credit no problem.

I'll update how long that takes to get resolved, although I do need to call BA about another issue soon so may also check on the status of that.

these almost never post. Of my 28 sectors this year, only 2 have posted automatically. Iíve had recent success using the chat function to resolve this, the web form doesnít accept the ticket numbers
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:42 am

Looks like DM from here or DM by Twitter or a phone call is the way to go then for getting missing Avios credited. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
I have a related question regarding incorrect tier points posting, and avios. I flew AA in first/business domestic, flight was canceled, but the lounge agent was able to put me on another flight in coach. They moved to me #1 on the upgrade list, which cleared, and I did fly in first. However the flight tier points and avios are showing only credit for Y. I am missing 20 tier points. Do I fill out the form for missing avios, or is there another contact I should direct my question about the missing tier points?
Followup on my post:
Called the Gold BA line, talked to agent who couldn't see my past AA flight. (Ticket number did not exist according to them) Told me to call AA to get the BA record locator. Called AA, who said that wasn't a thing, and wouldn't help even if they could get it. While on phone with AA agent, they called their OneWorld contact, who then filled out the proper info into an email to send to BA to correct the missing tier points and avios. I was asked to wait about a week for the account to be updated with the missing items. Now I wait and see if it posts.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: UR, MR, AA, DL, HH, IHG, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by topperdoggle
FWIW, I called BA last week for the outbound leg (23/7) and Twitter DMd them today about both legs (return 31/7), and just got an email saying the points have been added. Not sure if the DM helped. There you go, a single data point.
When I tweeted them about my 200k missing the twitter account said they can't help. UGH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.