Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GUF (Gold Upgrade) upgrade to First on AA legs: disappointment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I was so excited to use a recently earned GUF2 on a booking with TATL flights (BA and AA operated) and TCON flights (AA operated obviously, JFK<>LAX ) to upgrade from Business to First...

... but was so disappointed when the agent (who was very good) told me that there needed to be A Reward availability in the AA inventory (and not A / Sales bucket availability) to upgrade AA operated legs to First.
We all know these almost never exist as AA keeps these seats for their own upgrade instruments (SWU and so on)... The agent double checked so I have all reasons to believe him.

Such a shame! Anybody else had the same experience?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by FrenchInLondon
Hi All,

I was so excited to use a recently earned GUF2 on a booking with TATL flights (BA and AA operated) and TCON flights (AA operated obviously, JFK<>LAX ) to upgrade from Business to First...

... but was so disappointed when the agent (who was very good) told me that there needed to be A Reward availability in the AA inventory (and not A / Sales bucket availability) to upgrade AA operated legs to First.
We all know these almost never exist as AA keeps these seats for their own upgrade instruments (SWU and so on)... The agent double checked so I have all reasons to believe him.

Such a shame! Anybody else had the same experience?
see here: Gold upgrade voucher on transcontinental
orbitmic, KARFA, Tafflyer and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.