Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Tier Points and Avios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I sent in the info via the web interface after the ticket number was rejected 3 times, and the avios and TPs posted in about 3 days (I also received an email just before they posted - not sure if being Gold helped).
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:23 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
Followup on my post:
Called the Gold BA line, talked to agent who couldn't see my past AA flight. (Ticket number did not exist according to them) Told me to call AA to get the BA record locator. Called AA, who said that wasn't a thing, and wouldn't help even if they could get it. While on phone with AA agent, they called their OneWorld contact, who then filled out the proper info into an email to send to BA to correct the missing tier points and avios. I was asked to wait about a week for the account to be updated with the missing items. Now I wait and see if it posts.
I had the same issue when I called BA. “You need to add your BA details at AAs end as the numbers/references. working for us. That’s despite BA showing the booking and the outbound crediting. He was quite useless unfortunately, didn’t know what ORC is and unfortunately even the segment flown hasn’t been posted within the timeframe he said. BA is a mess
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver
As an update, i have now received both Avios and Tier Points for my Singapore trip.

Escalating it a few times seemed to speed up the process. the live chat function within executive club is an extremely handy tool, especially with current call waiting times.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Final follow-up: Correct avios and tier points posted to my acct on 8 August. I think I got lucky with the AA agent who had a OneWorld contact b/c this correction was done in just under a week. Hope others in this thread having issues with their accts are able to get things corrected soon.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm still waiting to get 2 flights posted (one from July 1st and one from July 29th) which is frustrating as I should be gold by the end of this month but need the points credited.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Jpm81
I'm still waiting to get 2 flights posted (one from July 1st and one from July 29th) which is frustrating as I should be gold by the end of this month but need the points credited.
July 29th flight posted this morning but still waiting for July 1st flight to post.

365 TPs to go...
crazyarmadillo and Blue Skye like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:13 pm

I’ve had a response through the web interface via email saying that they have posted my Avios and tier points from the Alaskan flights that were missing. Let’s see if it happens - said could take 28 days. The web interface worked though and they did get back to me. Looks like the web interface is definitely one of the better ways to contact BA.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum.

There are quite a few threads on this topic now, and in the other threads the routes which have worked include
- ringing BAEC and asking for them to be credited
- using Twitter by Follow and then Direct Message
- log a general purpose webform via ba.com/complaints - you need to select "an issue with Membership Benefits" to get to a webform.
- using the Chat facility which comes up after logging in and the going to ba.com/contact-us

There is also this email address, but accounts vary as to whether emails get processed or not:
send membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode to [email protected]
Thanks, this helped me sort out all my issues.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Jpm81
Contacted BAEC via phone on July 14th for missing TPs as a result of a downgrade on July 1st. Finally received email today that the TPs and Avios that should have got had been manually adjusted.

Sorted in the end but very slow!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:22 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Does BAEC have a policy of process missing point claims differently depending on BAEC status?

I've noticed over the last few months claims for missing points on my gold BAEC account are processed within 2 or 3 workings days even when the carrier is Iberia, American etc.

Claims made for missing Avios on other accounts in my household (mixture of Blue, Bronze and Silver) get processed at a much slower pace (2 or 3 weeks or not even processed) even when claims are for the same flight for several passenger and the claims are submitted over the phone during a single phone call (I have 3rd party authority of some of the accounts). Non gold BAEC for Iberia flights usually seems to get a email several days later advising the claim has been referred to Iberia, however when the claim is on my gold account it is granted within 2 or 3 days without the intervening email about needing to refer to Iberia.

Just curious if this an unpublished enhancement (temporary or permanent) with the way gold BAEC accounts are actioned by the back office? It isn't anything to do with the agent taking the call as the claims are submitted via the BAEC gold contact number seconds apart.

If this happened as a one off I would put it down to chance but the different timescales have repeated several times with the gold card account getting actioned much faster than other tiers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.