Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even CCR staff have given up on BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Hazgreen1
Anyone know why the cabanas at ccr are out of action?
Too many soft furnishings. I know that this is not ipso facto a COVID risk, but not everyone understands how viruses work, and soft furnishing are difficult to keep clean in a poorly ventilated space.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Too many soft furnishings. I know that this is not ipso facto a COVID risk, but not everyone understands how viruses work, and soft furnishing are difficult to keep clean in a poorly ventilated space.
I haven't been in a CCR cabana since pre-covid but if you mean that "interesting" assortment of furniture, would it not have been possible to replace those chaise(s) longues with something less furry? If they are to blame, it does sound rather defeatist
becks1 and AnaTravel like this.

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 5, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

p.s. For comparison with the BA cabana furnishings, one of these is in the wonderful Al Safwa lounge (which apparently has no such hygiene issues) last month and the other is a similar sized cabana in a long-stopover facility I recently visited in SFO Bay, en route to the UK...

dcmike, Tocsin, HFHFFlyer and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 5, 2022 at 2:12 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I suspect there is no motivation to re-open the cabanas unless they can somehow get sponsored. “Cabanas by Premier Inn” maybe. They don’t generate revenue and will be a cost line to maintain. I’m happy to be very wrong on this but I won’t be surprised if they’re repurposed.
Swanhunter likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I suspect there is no motivation to re-open the cabanas unless they can somehow get sponsored. “Cabanas by Premier Inn” maybe. They don’t generate revenue and will be a cost line to maintain. I’m happy to be very wrong on this but I won’t be surprised if they’re repurposed.
There are currently no plans to reopen the cabanas, and sadly no plans to get rid of those bloody sleep pods and put the Board Room back.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Bullswood
p.s. For comparison with the CCR cabana furnishings, one of these is in the Al Safwa lounge last month and the other is a similar sized cabana in a long-stopover facility I recently visited in SFO Bay, en route to the UK...

I've never used a Cabana, or a prison cell, but they do seem to look similar to my untrained eye.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
This thread comes at an opportune time - for the first time in a long while I actually need to do some work in the CCR, including conference calls....:-(
The boardroom was still not the boardroom last time I was there (in June), so where is the least obtrusive/annoying place to go and hide myself? I had been wondering about a cabana, but it sounds they are hors de combat as well.
A booth in the dining bit? Right down the end of the terrace? Or is it the ex-boardroom as it is at least behind a door. Do people go in there to try and rest?
Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
This thread comes at an opportune time - for the first time in a long while I actually need to do some work in the CCR, including conference calls....:-(
The boardroom was still not the boardroom last time I was there (in June), so where is the least obtrusive/annoying place to go and hide myself? I had been wondering about a cabana, but it sounds they are hors de combat as well.
A booth in the dining bit? Right down the end of the terrace? Or is it the ex-boardroom as it is at least behind a door. Do people go in there to try and rest?
Thanks!
There are some work "booths" along the passageway to the left of the kitchen entrance.

Not used them myself, but others I know have

Last edited by Gastrocnemius; Aug 9, 2022 at 8:46 am Reason: sp
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
There are some work "booths" along the passageway to the left of the kitchen entrance.

Not used them myself, but others I now have
Unfortunate location - very noisy from the kitchen and staff going in/out every few seconds. Still miss the boardroom where it was very quiet.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Was in the CCR for a few hours yesterday and my OH ran into the same issue. After checking with the staff, used the old Board room to take the calls but under instruction that if somebody came in to relax / sleep the calls would have to be taken somewhere else.Proved to be quiet and served the purpose well.

Pilot37
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I've never seen anyone use those darn pods. Since we started going back last Nov .

So if you need to work, probably best place I imagine for it!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Bullswood
p.s. For comparison with the BA cabana furnishings, one of these is in the wonderful Al Safwa lounge (which apparently has no such hygiene issues) last month and the other is a similar sized cabana in a long-stopover facility I recently visited in SFO Bay, en route to the UK...

I assume this is Alcatraz?!
danmushman likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Was in the CCR for a few hours yesterday and my OH ran into the same issue. After checking with the staff, used the old Board room to take the calls but under instruction that if somebody came in to relax / sleep the calls would have to be taken somewhere else.Proved to be quiet and served the purpose well.

Pilot37
Wow, how insulting. Not only do they remove the boardroom for those of us who occasionally want to work, but they have that kind of attitude? Does anyone at BA actually have any clue what they are doing anymore?

Of course the reason forty winks pods are there is they are getting money from that company, not the made up garbage that "our customers have asked us....", not that I ever know anyone who has actually been asked.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Wow, how insulting. Not only do they remove the boardroom for those of us who occasionally want to work, but they have that kind of attitude? Does anyone at BA actually have any clue what they are doing anymore?

Of course the reason forty winks pods are there is they are getting money from that company, not the made up garbage that "our customers have asked us....", not that I ever know anyone who has actually been asked.
I’m sorry but what did you expect them to say? I understand that people prefer this as the boardroom rather than a quiet room to sleep but that is what it’s dedicated for. How would you feel if you were using the product as advertised and someone was in there taking calls.

I think the approach taken by the staff member was quite sensible.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Pilot37
if somebody came in to relax / sleep the calls would have to be taken somewhere else.
Thanks very much. Was there any suggestion of where "somewhere else" might be?

I mean it is what it is, but I don't really fancy having to move myself, with laptop, midway through a meeting. I think the very end of the terrace might be the best bet.

And thanks Gastro as well, I had not known about those, but I have to say that Karfa has rather put me off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.