Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even CCR staff have given up on BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Am sure you're totally on top of this Bullswood , but if you've cancelled sectors, please make sure that your return to SFO (if you're returning to SFO) is protected. I'm sure you won't want to check in for the return, only to find that the sector has disappeared.
Thanks but I do actually want to cancel the full remaining itinerary after they "dumped" us at LHR - i.e. LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO. Chose the "cancel" option in MMB with the accompanying warning that this option would cancel all remaining sectors, though I am now a little concerned to see that booking details unchanged today, i.e. LHR/ZRH cancelled and remainder still apparently live. Did however receive a cancellation email from BA referencing the PNR with refund amount TBA, so hopefully they're not assuming we'll have hitch hiked to ZRH to resume our itinerary on Monday!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just ring YouFirst and get this double checked. They can also speed up the refund if necessary.
Bullswood, becks1 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
‘Thanks but I do actually want to cancel the full remaining itinerary after they "dumped" us at LHR - i.e. LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO. ‘

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Is this the nuclear option C-W-S mentioned In #2 and can you then get BA to fly you back to SFO. If so is at at your convenience?

Of course you may not wish to set foot on BA metal ever again!?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Tks c-w-s. Yes, I guess I'll have to phone - the email to YouFirst was an initial and clearly unsuccessful attempt, though their stupid response did add some humour, I suppose...

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 2, 2022 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alan T
‘Thanks but I do actually want to cancel the full remaining itinerary after they "dumped" us at LHR - i.e. LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO. ‘

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Is this the nuclear option C-W-S mentioned In #2 and can you then get BA to fly you back to SFO. If so is at at your convenience?

Of course you may not wish to set foot on BA metal ever again!?
Indeed the latter but as I have 1.8m Avios that might be difficult unless I transfer the lot to QR. Fortunately I have far more effective ways to express disapproval than through withdrawing my meagre dozen or so annual Aussie round trips at the front end!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Alan T
‘Is this the nuclear option C-W-S mentioned In #2 and can you then get BA to fly you back to SFO. If so is at at your convenience?
No, because the OP hasn't asked BA for an immediate flight back plus it appears the OP also has found another reason for the travel. This provision only exists if the flight doesn't serve any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan.
Bullswood likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
So. OP, how are you getting back to SFO?

I would have thought that the C-W-S nuclear option would be justified punishment for BA. They would, after all, have flown you and your family SFO-LHR-SFO free of charge and fully refunded your original itinerary.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
So. OP, how are you getting back to SFO?

I would have thought that the C-W-S nuclear option would be justified punishment for BA. They would, after all, have flown you and your family SFO-LHR-SFO free of charge and fully refunded your original itinerary.
Yes, but as c-w-s says, for that option (i.e. to prove that the reason for the journey is no longer possible) my guess is that we'd have to also abandon the second half of our trip (a UK VFR stay) and return to SFO pretty much immediately, which would be self-defeating even if it did "punish" BA.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Bullswood
Yes, but as c-w-s says, for that option (i.e. to prove that the reason for the journey is no longer possible) my guess is that we'd have to also abandon the second half of our trip (a UK VFR stay) and return to SFO pretty much immediately, which would be self-defeating even if it did "punish" BA.
Fully understand. At least salvage what you can from this experience.

I was just curious since presumably your return sector to SFO which you have now cancelled was part of your journey home to Oz. That will need rearranging now which might also be challenging in the current situation.
Bullswood likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Fully understand. At least salvage what you can from this experience.

I was just curious since presumably your return sector to SFO which you have now cancelled was part of your journey home to Oz. That will need rearranging now which might also be challenging in the current situation.
Already sorted, thanks!
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:21 am

Ok, got it thanks,……..hopefully not for future personal reference!

That’s why I asked if it was “at your convenience?’
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Unbelievable... The BA random response generator has been installed at the YouFirst offices now!
Hopefully just a glitch/crossed wire and not a permanent installation there. As a fellow victim of that (although in CW for that flight) I sympathise with the OP.
Bullswood and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:47 am

Staff at CCR were clearly ashamed at the situation and one remarked that "we're having to go on strike to get BA to do anything about this understaffing". Hmm...
CCR closed due to industrial action? That realy would be a first world problem.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I recently volunteered to walk an elderly lady in tears from the CCR to A17 (and then all the way to the Sofitel) - CCR staff apologized that they couldn't organize hotel etc and that only A17 could do it and that they have no staff to get that lady a hotel and help her get out of the airport. And while talking about staff. I had dinner in the CCR that evening (like 9pm ish) and had the same waiter for breakfast there next morning... He did tell me he had volunteered for extra shifts after I asked. Still - it's a sad state of affairs there
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying_geek
I recently volunteered to walk an elderly lady in tears from the CCR to A17 (and then all the way to the Sofitel) - CCR staff apologized that they couldn't organize hotel etc and that only A17 could do it and that they have no staff to get that lady a hotel and help her get out of the airport. And while talking about staff. I had dinner in the CCR that evening (like 9pm ish) and had the same waiter for breakfast there next morning... He did tell me he had volunteered for extra shifts after I asked. Still - it's a sad state of affairs there
Well done you for that act of kindness.
Old ladies leaving the CCR in tears and having to be looked after by fellow passengers is a million miles from those cheesy, self-congratulatory short stories on BA TV, but as you say, there are still individual staff members with enough personal pride to keep themselves going despite the leadership shambles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.