FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA85 - LHR - YVR delays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082282-ba85-lhr-yvr-delays.html)

TheOnlyWayTo Fly Jun 23, 2022 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34359829)
Basically there are shortages of staff in every section and this delay today was due to the aircraft being towed to stand late, incompetence also plays a big part.

I agree with all these points but I wonder why LH seems to be able to be delayed also ex FRA, arrive late into YVR, depart YVR late and seem to make up time getting back to FRA either early(!), on time, or with a minimal delay.

Ian45rpm Jun 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Checking ArriveCan App one reason for delays

I flew BA 85 on Sunday and was grateful to only have a two hour delay, On Tuesday this week it left Heathrow at 10.30pm, instead of 5.15pm, and Monday, Wednesday the delays were 3 hours. On my flight the Pilot explained that the main reason for the delay was the requirement for the gate agents to check the arriveCan app for each passenger, meaning boarding took 1 hour 15mins and then another delay as they removed a bag for one passenger who was denied boarding, I have flown this flight 3 times since May and this was the first time that the gate agents had asked to see the arriveCan app on boarding. I assume this is a new requirement from Canada to try and alleviate the delays in Customs here? The knock on effect for BA 84 means that this flight is leaving in the midnight hours. I would suggest that it is time to get rid of the arriveCan app and the remaining restrictions that stop some non-Canadians from travelling.

Dave_C Jun 30, 2022 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Ian45rpm (Post 34382459)
I flew BA 85 on Sunday and was grateful to only have a two hour delay, On Tuesday this week it left Heathrow at 10.30pm, instead of 5.15pm, and Monday, Wednesday the delays were 3 hours. On my flight the Pilot explained that the main reason for the delay was the requirement for the gate agents to check the arriveCan app for each passenger, meaning boarding took 1 hour 15mins and then another delay as they removed a bag for one passenger who was denied boarding, I have flown this flight 3 times since May and this was the first time that the gate agents had asked to see the arriveCan app on boarding. I assume this is a new requirement from Canada to try and alleviate the delays in Customs here? The knock on effect for BA 84 means that this flight is leaving in the midnight hours. I would suggest that it is time to get rid of the arriveCan app and the remaining restrictions that stop some non-Canadians from travelling.

Or you can use Verifly and it will give DOCSOK on the boarding pass, so no manual checks at the boarding gate required.

Ian45rpm Jun 30, 2022 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C (Post 34382963)
Or you can use Verifly and it will give DOCSOK on the boarding pass, so no manual checks at the boarding gate required.

I used Verifly as it is the only way to check in online. The gate agents were very clear with their. announcement that you had to show the QR code from ArriveCAN and the Pilot clearly said that the delay was because of the need to check this. Was this a one off or are all Canadian bound BA flights asking for this now? Never had this on any AC flights.

Dave_C Jun 30, 2022 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Ian45rpm (Post 34383494)
I used Verifly as it is the only way to check in online. The gate agents were very clear with their. announcement that you had to show the QR code from ArriveCAN and the Pilot clearly said that the delay was because of the need to check this. Was this a one off or are all Canadian bound BA flights asking for this now? Never had this on any AC flights.

I flew this on the 18th and the only check of ArriveCAN was by Verifly. No person checked the app at the FCC, in the lounge, or on boarding.