FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA85 - LHR - YVR delays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082282-ba85-lhr-yvr-delays.html)

Mil107 Jun 13, 2022 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JSM8 (Post 34333071)
Tonight's BA 85 left 4 hours late from LHR. Someone up-thread said that things would get better....seemingly not! Now concerned for my departure on Thursday....

I am on your same flight on Thursday, connecting from Milan Linate. Let's cross fingers!

Nonspecific Jun 13, 2022 9:39 pm

They seem to be down a couple of frames again.

Per FR24 (FWIW):
- XLEC hasn't flown since Saturday (06/12); no future flights showing;
- XLEK hasn't flown since Sunday (06/12); next flight on Wednesday (06/15).

Additionally,
- XLEE is assigned to BA 286 SFO-LHR on Tuesday (06/14), but not to BA 287 LHR-SFO (no aircraft showing), so perhaps something amiss there too...? (Or, just an FR24 error.)

Definitely missing the BA Source right about now!

JSM8 Jun 14, 2022 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Mil107 (Post 34333151)
I am on your same flight on Thursday, connecting from Milan Linate. Let's cross fingers!

And today's BA 85 is 'scheduled' to be 4 hours late! Not getting better anytime soon it would seem

WoodleyBeacon Jun 14, 2022 2:28 am

Originally Posted by JSM8 (Post 34334197)
And today's BA 85 is 'scheduled' to be 4 hours late! Not getting better anytime soon it would seem

I'm scheduled to be on BA 85 next week. I'm watching this thread with trepidation but I'd far rather have some hope that somebody is pulling their finger out to get this situation rectified.

plunet Jun 14, 2022 3:54 am

Looks like a water feature on a recent A380 jaunt to the US might be a reason one of the frames is grounded.

Apologies for the quality of the news source...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/188738...in-mid-flight/

ScruttonStreet Jun 14, 2022 4:26 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 34334356)
Looks like a water feature on a recent A380 jaunt to the US might be a reason one of the frames is grounded.

Apologies for the quality of the news source...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/188738...in-mid-flight/

Not gonna lie, I'd be freaked out if that happened on my flight!

Globaliser Jun 14, 2022 7:11 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 34334356)

Apologies for the quality of the news source ...

Nice pics, and the story would probably win a prize in a "How many errors can we cram into one story?" competition. As always, it is nice to see that aluminium and GLARE are not immune from shrinkage when wet, judging by the after-the-event size of the pictured aircraft.

If this incident has led to an AOG, a candidate might possibly be G-XLED, after a flight on 8 May 2022. But she is not one of the eight "in service" aircraft, so this wouldn't account for the recent problems, which appear to have been triggered by G-XLEL being AOG at BOS from 8 June for about 3½ days.

craigthemif Jun 14, 2022 7:22 am

Originally Posted by WoodleyBeacon (Post 34334259)
I'm scheduled to be on BA 85 next week. I'm watching this thread with trepidation but I'd far rather have some hope that somebody is pulling their finger out to get this situation rectified.

Originally Posted by JSM8 (Post 34334197)

Delay on 85 is by no means great. You arrive into YVR much later than expected, but have presumably spent the extra hours in the LHR lounge.The main issue is if you planned to continue on somewhere, instead of just heading to your hotel / home. But otherwise you should be banking your EC261 compensation...

Delay on 84 means no lounge whilst you wait until a stupid o'clock departure from YVR, which virtually guarantees you miss any onward connection in London - so an overnight near LHR.

36902BRF Jun 14, 2022 8:15 am

BA 293/292 to/from IAD are showing four hour delays for today. What a mess. I am supposed to fly 292 on Friday. The good news is because of a flight cancellation months ago I already had a 22 hour layover so my connection is not at any real risk. The bad news is I had signed up for a tour late in the afternoon in London figuring a 4.5 hour buffer would cover most eventualities. Ah well first world problems....

Globaliser Jun 14, 2022 9:44 am

Almost immediately after I'd posted above, avherald has identified the water leak incident as having occurred on 10 June to G-XLEK: https://www.avherald.com/h?article=4fa41446&opt=0

No big deal, either - the aircraft seems to have been delayed for only about four hours.

Does anyone have the appetite for counting how many errors there were in the Sun's story?

plunet Jun 14, 2022 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 34335117)
Almost immediately after I'd posted above, avherald has identified the water leak incident as having occurred on 10 June to G-XLEK: https://www.avherald.com/h?article=4fa41446&opt=0

No big deal, either - the aircraft seems to have been delayed for only about four hours.

Does anyone have the appetite for counting how many errors there were in the Sun's story?

I did share the link to the story in the Sun to the avherald via their contact form, I am sure Simon will do some further due diligence on it.

lily23 Jun 14, 2022 10:58 am

Originally Posted by WoodleyBeacon (Post 34334259)

I'm on BA 84 in two weeks - really hope this gets fixed soon too!

Andrea Radosavljevic Jun 14, 2022 3:06 pm

BA84

I am on this flight from YVR to LHR on Friday, June 17, and watching all these brutal delays is a little bit terrifying to me. Is anyone else afraid to fly this aircraft because I’m thinking I might change to Air Canada until they get all their stuff sorted. Any thoughts?

plunet Jun 14, 2022 3:15 pm

I would fly the aircraft.

BA are not in the habit of taking any safety risks, they're happy to cut corners on catering and other stuff, but not safety.

There might of course be some delays, but that wouldn't make me scared. And of course if it arrives into London 3 hours late you'll probably be able to claim compensation which wouldn't apply with AC.

Can I help you Jun 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea Radosavljevic (Post 34336095)
I am on this flight from YVR to LHR on Friday, June 17, and watching all these brutal delays is a little bit terrifying to me. Is anyone else afraid to fly this aircraft because I’m thinking I might change to Air Canada until they get all their stuff sorted. Any thoughts?

What are you frightened of, no pilot would risk their own life and fly an unsafe aircraft?