FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA85 - LHR - YVR delays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2082282-ba85-lhr-yvr-delays.html)

TheOnlyWayTo Fly Jun 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea Radosavljevic (Post 34349648)
Did I ever get lucky! Flew BA84 on Friday, only one hour delay and luggage out in 30 minutes!! Apparently the day before… https://news.sky.com/story/amp/enorm...ystem-12635856

Well that's good news I guess... We are on the 084/085 en route to EDI and back in July/August and I'm seriously considering cancelling and rebooking with AC via YYZ. Is there a BA Insider here that can offer ANY hope that this issue will be resolved soon??

Andrea Radosavljevic Jun 19, 2022 1:48 pm

I hundred percent agree with you about terminal two having the problems but it just goes to show how brutal it can be and I’m just so grateful I was in and out of the airport in 45 minutes. Flight 85/84 are constantly delayed so I’m happy mine was almost on time! We shall see what happens on my way home on July 12!

Mil107 Jun 20, 2022 7:39 am

Last Thursday the reason behind the delay was that the wheelchair from the Delhi flight (46!) couldn't be loaded on BA85 as there were no Reduced Mobility Assistants available. Therefore they offloaded the luggage and some of the chauperons. Tonight BA84 is already going out 2hr30 late. What a disaster.

Dave_C Jun 20, 2022 8:38 am

My bags didn’t make it on Saturday’s flight and seem to have gone AWOL since then. Radio silence from BA of course and nothing on the tracking. Coupled with the dreadful connection experience, non-existent on-board service and the ‘food’ that is being served. Wonder why I bother.

13901 Jun 20, 2022 8:49 am

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly (Post 34349989)
Well that's good news I guess... We are on the 084/085 en route to EDI and back in July/August and I'm seriously considering cancelling and rebooking with AC via YYZ. Is there a BA Insider here that can offer ANY hope that this issue will be resolved soon??

This is Terminal 2, not T5. Air Canada flies to T2.

TheOnlyWayTo Fly Jun 20, 2022 11:44 am

Originally Posted by 13901 (Post 34352291)
This is Terminal 2, not T5. Air Canada flies to T2.

No, I get that and ideally I don't want to rebook with AC but I'm not happy about flying into a s**tstorm called LHR if I don't have to! :( I guess I am looking for some sign that BA is on top of the problems with the YVR route and is trying to fix the problem(s)....

13901 Jun 20, 2022 11:54 am

It's the same all over. Just this morning I was speaking with a colleague who returned to YYZ from a conference over here in the UK and got held on the aircraft for an extra hour because the immigration hall over at Pearson was rammed.

Dorsetboy Jun 20, 2022 1:16 pm

Spotted the 380 on the YVR service(84) inbound over Aylesbury the last two afternoons at about 1630, meaning it was almost 3 hours late both days.
But a marvellous sight nonetheless

Dave_C Jun 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly (Post 34352888)
No, I get that and ideally I don't want to rebook with AC but I'm not happy about flying into a s**tstorm called LHR if I don't have to! :( I guess I am looking for some sign that BA is on top of the problems with the YVR route and is trying to fix the problem(s)....

Book Air Canada. You’ll have access to the Signature Suite as well which has re-opened. BA is a disgrace at the moment.

lily23 Jun 21, 2022 11:25 am

Yikes, just saw last night's flight didn't leave until 4:30 am (7 hours+ delay) - two weeks to go until my flight...fingers crossed this starts to improve

Globaliser Jun 21, 2022 11:27 am

G-XLEB is en route from MAD to LHR now. If this brings the active LHR fleet up to 9, that is likely to help.

David270766 Jun 22, 2022 1:44 pm

The really strange thing is that this is happening on days when the aircraft for the BA85 has been on the ground for most of the day. Today’s aircraft had been at LHR since 06.30, yesterday’s was there from 12.30, yet on both days the BA85 picked up a substantial delay. This can’t be just about tight turnaround times and knock-on delays. I am travelling on the BA85 in a few weeks. Does anyone know what’s causing this and how long it is likely to persist?

Can I help you Jun 22, 2022 2:06 pm

Basically there are shortages of staff in every section and this delay today was due to the aircraft being towed to stand late, incompetence also plays a big part.

JSM8 Jun 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mil107 (Post 34352089)
Last Thursday the reason behind the delay was that the wheelchair from the Delhi flight (46!) couldn't be loaded on BA85 as there were no Reduced Mobility Assistants available. Therefore they offloaded the luggage and some of the chauperons. Tonight BA84 is already going out 2hr30 late. What a disaster.

i was on that flight. Landed 2 hours late. And then the luggage took 90 minutes to appear in Vancouver. No specific reason given. And just to add to all this my wife’s seat didn’t work. All the electrics ceased to function. Not a great experience all round

Airprox Jun 22, 2022 10:39 pm

On the minus side of the A380 equation, LEA diverted to BOS today while enroute to IAD and will overnight before continuing tomorrow. On the plus side, LEH should come back from storage at the weekend leaving only LEJ undergoing mx in MNL.