Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA at T3 - check-in, security etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The usual slow fast track experience at T3 this morning. Interested in others experiences of liquids / wash bags - I rarely travel through T3 but at T5 have never had any issues in several years of just putting my clear semi-rigid plastic washbag through fast track and more recently the First Wing. Whereas at T3 it seems that only one of the standard issue zip lock bags will do... overly zealous security agent, or is this a T3 thing? I was told that T5 clearly don't do security properly...
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Mekko
The usual slow fast track experience at T3 this morning. Interested in others experiences of liquids / wash bags - I rarely travel through T3 but at T5 have never had any issues in several years of just putting my clear semi-rigid plastic washbag through fast track and more recently the First Wing. Whereas at T3 it seems that only one of the standard issue zip lock bags will do... overly zealous security agent, or is this a T3 thing? I was told that T5 clearly don't do security properly...
I went through T3 Fast Track last night with my plastic zip case (£9 on Amazon) for my liquids, went through with no issue.

Amazon Amazon
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27
I went through T3 Fast Track last night with my plastic zip case (£9 on Amazon) for my liquids, went through with no issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Lermende-Toil.../dp/B074X786H2
Thanks - pretty much equivalent to what my first attempt was with. I’ll give it another go next time.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Mekko
Have had that quite a few times at T3 vs never at T5, and it is incredibly annoying. The items are in a clear plastic container, who cares if it is a zip lock or not! I've even gone through T3 twice in 1 day (1 via Fast Track and 1 via Transfer) and Fast Track allowed the washbag through and transfer security told me to unpack it and put the items into a zip lock
I do despair at times and wish all terminals would just hurry up and buy the scanners that don't require anything to come out of the bag and don' have liquid limits!

Pilot37
Mekko likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Also be aware when T3 Fast Track “should” open vs when it does. It was half an hour past opening time before it pulled the shutter up a few weeks ago and the queue filtered through to an already busy lane. I sometimes think Fast Track is more placebo than panacea.
I was actually wondering about this, is there a published opening time for T3 Fast Track? I was trying to look around, but I didn't find it anywhere. I went through last Sunday and they only opened Fast Track at around 6am (by which time a pretty long queue has built up outside).
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Usually opens around 0530-0600.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:19 am

Arrivals experience?

Anyone know how arrivals are doing in T3 at the moment? Connecting SPU-LHR-MAN on Thursday and wondering if it's going to be quicker to use airside transfer or clear the border in T3 and go landside via T5 first wing
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by andy_nD
Anyone know how arrivals are doing in T3 at the moment? Connecting SPU-LHR-MAN on Thursday and wondering if it's going to be quicker to use airside transfer or clear the border in T3 and go landside via T5 first wing
Not sure how the HEX is running today (I think intention was for half-hourly service frequency, maybe they have put on extra shuttles between Central/T5?) but worth bearing in mind strikes are expected to continue on Thursday. I'd stay airside.
andy_nD likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by andy_nD
I returned last night off jollies into T3 and it was very busy with long Qs. Not sure about transfers but I’d stay airside at the moment. A lot of resource is being pumped into resolving the baggage issues T2 suffered recently with bags spread all over the airport in order to clear screen and re-flight them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.