Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA at T3 - check-in, security etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

BA at T3 - check-in, security etc

I’ve read a few comments on social media that the situation at T3 isn’t great re: journeying through the terminal for departures. Has anyone got recent experience they’d like to share? All I can find on the forum about BA at T3 is which lounge is preferable to have salt and pepper squid at.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
** Bookmarks this thread ** Off to CLJ via OTP on Monday and have no idea how long T3 will take.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Went through T3 just before Easter to BGI. In addition to the excellent lounge choices, we found both check-in and security to be quicker than normal than T5. Good ratio of open check-in counters for a relatively low number of departures and fast track seemed to have a long queue but it moved quickly and it too less than 10 minutes start to finish.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:28 pm

Absolutely love T3, I find it much better than T5 in many ways despite the older buildings. Check-in can be a bit slow, but so can T5, and it’s a quick hop up the escalators for rarely any queue at fast track. The fast track channel itself is allowed to bypass the horrendous duty free walk (which even T5 doesn’t, unless Gold) and throws you out in a straight line for the lounge corridor (via the free chocolate given at the HAL info desk). Add that to much more convenient transport connections (double frequency tubes, more bus options than T5, etc.) and it’s a winner for me.
jrfsp320 and Jimbojumbo like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I’ve got flights in July to MRS, which I now realise are from T3, which I love when travelling alone. However, I have family in tow for a family+ holiday and expected to use the “ GGL = 5 pax for lounge entry”. Lwill any of the T3 lounges allow more than +1 per gold traveller? Thks
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
I’ve got flights in July to MRS, which I now realise are from T3, which I love when travelling alone. However, I have family in tow for a family+ holiday and expected to use the “ GGL = 5 pax for lounge entry”. Lwill any of the T3 lounges allow more than +1 per gold traveller? Thks
the ba lounges in t3 should allow you to guest 5 if all on the same flight. It won’t work at any of the other oneworld lounges though where the standard one guest will apply.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
...which lounge is preferable to have salt and pepper squid at.
The salt & pepper squid lounge at LAX is still closed, isn't it?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am actually counting the lack of 1st wing straight to lounge as a nice justification to hit duty free. Prefer the mix of shops in T3 too, perhaps i'm a little basic
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Used T3 on a LHR-HEL-BKK flight Saturday 9th April returning on Sunday 24th April.
Going out arrived at 14.00 no lines at check-in & no-one waiting at fast track security so straight through.
Returning, 09.00 landed 20 minutes early waited 30 minutes for a gate to be made available. 5 minute queue at passport control and 1.5 hour wait for the bags to be returned!!
So gained at the front but was robbed on the return.
ENTP likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
For various reasons I am quite a frequent visitor to T3 (due to often flying to VIE and having recently had a lot of AY flights). I like it because of the choice of lounges. The two things I am less keen on are that Fast Track security is not always that fast (it's rarely terrible, but when they only have one belt in operation it can back up a bit) and also recently I found that at some of the gates where they check boarding passes and passports on entry into the gate holding area, BAY have not had a priority lane open, and the queue has actually been quite long. I don't understand why they can't filter Priority Passengers through a separate queue.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
The salt & pepper squid lounge at LAX is still closed, isn't it?
Salt and Pepper Squid Lounge May need to be added to the BA Dictionary thread! 😉
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Jokes aside we do need a sticky with any service timings. Is s&p squid (and rest of dining) all day? Or is the menu ordering limited to certain hours.???
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Wrong thread

Last edited by ACARS; Apr 29, 2022 at 4:44 am
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ACARS
Currently in T3 on my way back down to London.

to sun up, if you can avoid MAN do so. You’ll have a far more pleasant experience by rail. It is utter bedlam today. The lounge full to the brim and the scenes below are representative of a zoo. It is Friday so the place is now overrun with stag and hen dos.

timings - security 30 mins. Was moving but just busy @ 1020.

checkin was busy but moving, about 15 mins or so. No seating whatsoever in the main departures area, lots of people giving up on the massive Qs for bars/eateries and opening bottles of vodka from duty free.

For those of us that have frequented T3 since the early noughties, it is sad to see it today. The main airline being Ryanair has certainly brought in the numbers into a facility that just can’t cope.

Avanti will have my trade next time.
Hi

Sounds like you were at MAN T3?

This thread relates to Heathorow T3 BA ops. There is a dedicated MAN thread here somewhere

But a good tip to avoid MAN if possible as it looks like a poor experience

Regards

Tbs
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Sounds like you were at MAN T3?

This thread relates to Heathorow T3 BA ops

But a good tip to avoid MAN if possible as it looks like a poor experience

Regards

Tbs

My apologies for that, too fast to rant without checking !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.